Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

PointBlank

This has been my go to stand for years now but got to looking at a couple upgrades. How many of guys using this stand have purchased replacement cables? I know they recomend it but mine certainly look just fine to the naked eye despite. Also, I though about purchasing the new seat part of the stand that they now make for the bigger sized guy, but wasn't sure if it is worth the extra money. Any thoughts?

I had the sit and climb with the orignal seat then bought the new seat, all though it was nicer I just went to the Silent Seat and it turned it into a good stand to a great stand. I always hated sitting down between the bars. Now you sit up top like a regular hang on. Another perk is the seat is not bulky and does not get in the way.

Just google silent seat lonewolf and it should come up.

That's the only gripe I have with my sit and climb, especially being a traditional bow hunter. With a 56" bow, sometimes it's hard to find a position to shoot around the bar in front. I do like hunting out of my alpha and climbing sticks, but the climber is so much quicker to set up in.

Get the silent seat. The issue with the bar is gone. It is no different then sitting on the hang on. the silent seat flush with the main bars you sit on. It does not sink way down like the actual LW seat. Now you will have your top section a good 8 inches lower than before. It completely eliminated the problem of my bow hitting the bars on the climber with the silent seat.

I know the lone wolf seat has a snap under it to hold the sitting bar underneath you out of the way. What do you guys with the silent seat do?

I have an alpha with the LW sticks also, but I feel the climber is easier to set up so normally I take that. The alpha has the advantage of being open, especially since I shoot a 56" recurve bow, I can't have anything out in front of me. I think with this new seat I may enjoy hunting out of the climber more.

When I am sitting I just fold the bar underneath me. When I am standing I put it out in front of me but angle it down at a 45 degree angle. I just do that so I can get closer to the tree. the top section of the climber will be much lower compared to the old seat. I don't think you will have any issues but I only shoot a 34 inch bow so unsure.

I don't have any issues out of the Alpha. I don't like sitting down inside the bars, then I have to push myself out of it. The bar situation can be solved in the current configuration. It's just much easier to climb than it is to hang the sticks, then hang the alpha.

I hear yah there. I think you will like the silent seat, it will definitely solve the sitting between the bars. One thing I did was use zip ties to fasten it together. I used the rope that comes with it as well but I suck at knots and I didn't feel they were that strong.

Top Bottom