Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf

MW Peewee

I am looking at getting another stand or two for this fall and have noticed that many of you guys are big fans of the Lone Wolf products. I have always used Gorilla stands and like them a lot. If you had to identify one reason you buy one Lone Wolf for the price of two Gorillas for example, what would that reason be?

Thanks for the input.

Weight, Adjustability, Quality, and it's Very Quiet

Oops that's more than one...
grin.gif

Here is the difference.

Trim out 2 stands and and hang/leave 2 gorrilas.

Trim out any number of stands and bring in the one LW.

Lone Wolf stands are great!!
but look into Chippewa Wedge-loc stands as well. they cost about the same, but are easier to put up and are every bit as quiet, light and sturdy.
that is my stand of choice for good reason!!

I have played with both and just can't drink the kool-aid 100% yet. I use mainly gorillas and they are extremely light and quiet. I also think the seat is alot more comfortable(yes, even more than the new LW seat). The only thing I find absolutely superior in the LW is the adjustability of the leveling system for crooked trees....which can be huge, but It hasn't knocked me over the edge yet.

Maybe I will buy a LW this year and give it a full review at year end, but for now I think Ive got my cash tied into other new toys
grin.gif

All in all both are great stands IMO and you can't go wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
but look into Chippewa Wedge-loc stands as well. they cost about the same, but are easier to put up and are every bit as quiet, light and sturdy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to try the baby Chippewa ( I'm sure thats the wrong name)out. They
do look top notch as well.

It all depends on your style of hunting as well.

Some guys pack-in their stands and set up fresh on every hunt.

Some guys put out 30 stands and leave them, bouncing around during the season.

I have a few of each but always keep a Lone Wolf or two handy for spur of the moment set-ups.

No doubt in my mind which one I would rather hang and hunt out of.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These things are awesome.

I bought an Assault and 4 sticks with extension straps from Rudd last year, didn't get a chance to use it though. Pretty nice setup, lite and compact. Looking forward to using it, especially when I head to bluff country.

[ QUOTE ]

I have a few of each but always keep a Lone Wolf or two handy for spur of the moment set-ups.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what Ghost said. I also use both but I would never get rid of my alpha hang-on and 4 climbing sticks.
peace.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called he Ghost.
it weights 8 lbs, the platform is 14" X 18" and i can have it on the tree in less than 15 seconds.
very sturdy and it too, has a leveler for trees that are not so straight....
i love it

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true!

I do hang some permanent sets which I mainly use the steel gorilla magnums. I purchaseed 6 of these at fleet farm a few years back for under 50 bucks per.

However, I mainly hunt on the fly and for this type hunting I have yet to find a stand that beats the cast aluminum Baby Kong Gorilla (unfortunately not made anymore). It sits on my back without catching brush on the sides. Weighs less than 6 lbs and is dead silent.

I wish the treestand industry would reintroduce some of the smaller stands again. Not every guy needs the kitchen sink in the treestand to be comfortable. The trend in treestands seems toward larger stands.

Maybe you guys close to Andrae could run the thought past him. I would love to see a "Micro-Lone Wolf"
grin.gif
Maybe it wouldn't be marketable for the masses, but I would love it!
grin.gif

Sure would be nice to throw in the bottom of my tote for possible pack in wallow hunting in the Mountains of CO, among other things.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the V bracket on their platforms will limit you to a certain size (smaller) tree.

i have never had a problem finding a tree to setup in.....
in fact i prefer trees that are in the 15 - 20 inch diameter range....
some of the bigger Wedgeloc stands fit larger trees. that ghost is for long walks and quick set ups. i have had it in pretty large trees before, but 90% of the hunting i do, i dont need to use a tree larger than what the stand fits in.....

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you guys close to Andrae could run the thought past him. I would love to see a "Micro-Lone Wolf" Maybe it wouldn't be marketable for the masses, but I would love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrae sold the stand portion of the business...new owners now.

The assult is smaller than the alpha hang on.

DOR...are you telling me you don't have one single Lone Wolf stand???????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called he Ghost.
it weights 8 lbs, the platform is 14" X 18" and i can have it on the tree in less than 15 seconds.
very sturdy and it too, has a leveler for trees that are not so straight....
i love it

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggest problem Chippewa has is circulation. I have never seen these stands in person. The ghost does look very interesting.

Top Bottom