Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Look what I found!!!

oldgene

PMA Member
999Turkeys2007-06-med.jpg

I got my bird on May 11th at 6:15 A.M. I had just gotten set up when I had a fly down about 35 yards away, couldn't tell if it was a tom or hen, it met up with 4 others and worked their way to my left, had more fly downs behind me and when it got light enough to actual see I had a tom and two hens behind me about 150 yards. About then the 5 previous birds came back just over a crest leaving me to see only heads 40+ yards away. I had been using my slate call just soft yelps and putts and decided to free up my hands and switch to my mouth call. The first yelp I did with my mouth call got an immediate response, another yelp and he was on his way. I shut up and got ready. He followed a fence up to an open gate. As he came through the gate he stretched out his neck to look at my decoys. Weight 21.5, beard 10.5, spurs 1 5/8 & 3/8 (broken off).

Congrats on a good lookin bird, by the size of the hook it sounds like he was an old boy.

Kratz

Top Bottom