Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lookin to buy a couple of new digitals

F

fgruetzmacher@msn.com

Hey, guys, I'm am looking to buy a couple of the new digital deer cams that are coming out.. I've looked at the new Cudd back and the Lakota 380,, penn's woods,,, any others I should include in my search??

If anyone has any info on helping me decide, it would help,, I know many have the price coming down, The Lakota is basically the same as the Penn's woods but is alot cheaper at 360 bucks . I'd like to buy a pair and price is important,,,Other things of importance to me is flash range, and field veiwability,,,Right now I'm leaning towards the Lakota,,,,
Any help will be appreciated,,,,,

Thanx,,

Gritty

If I were you I would consider a digital cam. I wish I would have bought one Ive spent a ton of money on developing film.

Ya, That is why I'm looking for the digitals. heck I got a grocery bag of pics I don't need ,, Heck there must be 400 bucks worth of film and developing in there from just 2 years...

You say V-man builds great digitals????? I have talked with him before about them... I would imagine many here have tried his digitals by now??? How are they??? any concerns?

He made me a offer to build one a few months back but I was a little unsure at the time... I forget what he was asking , I'll have to message him ,

Thanx,

Gritty

Gritty,
You cant go wrong with a digital thats for sure.
Email me and I can give you some specifics.

I guess I have never heard of the lakota. Where are you getting it at? Is their a website?
Thanks

Ya, Vman, the site is Lakotacam.com...

I don,t have your e-mail on file , You can send me some specs at fgruetzmacher@msn.com of your line of digitals... I'd appreciate it . I am planning on spending my tax refund on some new cams, Still have not decided which ones yet.

Thanx guys ,

Gritty

Go with the Vman Cams.....he buys only the best in parts and knows his stuff...
Ask him about the new Sony DSC-P32 digital cameras coming out.....they are great.

hags

He's building them with a Sony???

I have the last years model DSC-P51,,,,, I'd be willing to convert it to a digital deer cam.. If the system was able to allow me to use it as a still cam and a deer cam?

My Sony is only 2.0 MP but still takes awsome pics..

Gritty

Yeah, what Gritty said.
I have a 2yr old DSC-P50 which I really like. If there was a way I could convert it to a trail cam I could get more use out of it and save a bunch of $$$.
Maybe then I could talk the wife into a new 4MP or 5MP digital with a big zoom (doubt it though).
Still, sounds interesting.

I dont believe those two models have been used in a trailcam yet, but Im sure that they could be used unless sony really changed their electronics design.

The P51 will work and can be converted.
The P50 isn't looking good at this point.....sorry

hags

So what would it cost to convert a DSC-P51 to a stompin trail cam?????Who can do it???? and what would it cost to set one up complete with a slave and case and all the bells and whistles?

Just weighing things out ....

And it would appear that nobody here has used the new Lakota Digital???? 360 bucks is pretty fair price is it not Vman??

Gritty

I could definatly make a trailcam with your sony camera. I was paying $130 for the d-380's. Just subtract that from the cost since your supplying the camera.
From what Ive heard on the sony line of cameras, a slave will not be needed for this system, besides one currently is not available.

Our store reps from HS Specialities stopped in today and told me that they are going to offer a digital camera this year. Has some pretty cool features, rechargeable battery or solar panel, 3 total sensors, one pointing straight ahead and 1 on both sides that are angled about 30 degrees. The side sensors are basically used to turn the camera on when it's in sleep mode, to eliminate those damn ghost pictures and conserve batteries. The price is suppose to be around $350, which is about as cheap as I've seen. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's only 1.3 megapixels, but can't get have everything for that price. Should be good enough for the guys just trying to track movement.

Vman,, so your saying I copuld send you my Sony DSC-P51 and you would be able to modify it to perform well as a deer cam and still be able to detach it for regular use?? would this system still have the same features we all need in a deer cam??? good battery life, sleep mode batterysaver, reliability, quality components in a weather tight case???

If so ,,,, we really need to hook up.. I know your thee most trusted man on this topic. So I must be able to count on your craftsmanship from all your satisfied customers on here.

I have plety of time to do this however . it will be a few months till they start sprouting new antlers up here. Most have shed already.

E-mail me a price and we will go from there,

Thanx ,

Gritty

Gritty,
I sent you a couple emails, havent heard back from you just wondering if you got them.....
Vman

Top Bottom