Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a base for a pedestal mount??

Hawk32

PMA Member
I was lucky enough to harvest a super buck this last wkend and have been contemplating doing a pedestal mount. My problem is cost. The octagon bases Mckenzie or VanDykes sell are ridiculously high in my opinion (400-500). Does anyone have any ideas on other options. Possibly know someone or someplace that makes or carries them. I have looked at some furniture stores and multiple places online but can't find anything similar to the octagon bases most commonly used.

Thanks

Hawk, congrats on your buck. I do taxidermy in the Cedar Rapids area and I'm also a builder. I've got a beautiful Barnwood pedestal that is sweet looking I will make you a great deal on, or I can build what you want. Pm me with your email address or cell phone and I can text or email you a pic of the pedestal. Thanks
Steve

I did a pedestal mount with my 2011 buck. My taxidermist ordered the base for $65 I think. Not sure if this is what you had in mind or not.
5016-mount_53631.jpg

Hawk, congrats on your buck. I do taxidermy in the Cedar Rapids area and I'm also a builder. I've got a beautiful Barnwood pedestal that is sweet looking I will make you a great deal on, or I can build what you want. Pm me with your email address or cell phone and I can text or email you a pic of the pedestal. Thanks
Steve

I will vouch for Steve's (ImpactArcher) work, I have seen it first hand and it is 2nd to none...he is a master at his craft.

Hawk32,

I have a Van Dykes solid oak octagon pedestal I would sell you cheap. Please PM me or call my cell at 515-297-0731.

Thanks

This probably isnt the base Steve has for sale but this is one he built with a mount he did. A good example of the quality of his work.
080.jpg

Thanks impactarcher(Steve) for all your help on this. looking forward to getting the pedestal.

For those of you looking or considering doing a pedestal mount in the future make sure you take a look at steves work. It is worth it.

Thanks everyone else who sent me pics. I appreciate the help.

Thanks impactarcher(Steve) for all your help on this. looking forward to getting the pedestal.

For those of you looking or considering doing a pedestal mount in the future make sure you take a look at steves work. It is worth it.

Thanks everyone else who sent me pics. I appreciate the help.

Thanks Corey!

Top Bottom