Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for some input

kurtish

I just grabbed my camera yesterday from my fathers property. I'm having a hard time judging this buck. I believe that both pictures are of the same deer but i'm not 100% sure about that either. What is your take on his age and whether or not it is the same deer?
resizedpic1.jpg

resizedpic2.jpg

The first pic made me think he was 2 1/2, but in the second i'm thinking he's older. He has the same loose flap of skin at the base of his neck but the angles on the rack make it difficult to confirm that it's the same deer.

I would say the buck in the first pic has quite a bit more tine length. But if you look at some of the other characterisitics, it has some of the same markings. Must be the camera angle that makes him look bigger from the side. I'd call him a 3.5.

yah same deer fer sure. not only are they similar neck titties but look at the end of his left (our right) main beam. Both of 'em hook up at the end. I'd say it's the same deer... OR you have two of the most identical bucks in the history of hunting.

Thanks for the input fellas. A 3 1/2 yr old is about as good as it gets on my fathers farm. Brown is down seems to be the only management practice of our neighbors so i'm always happy to see 3 year old bucks. I sure appreciate your responses.

Top Bottom