Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lost a good friend

SaskGuy

My black lab Loki it seems has left us. She ended up really sick 2 weeks ago, spent some time with the vet. She seemed to be on the mend took her home and improvement seemed slow but happening. On Mon she took a real turn for the worse. By Wed she was having very frequent seizures and appeared to be losing control of bodily functions. We decided she'd be put down yesterday.

Sadly when I got up she was not in her straw beds and despite looking for over 4 hrs I can not seem to find her. I'm positive she wandered off and died but am bothered that I cannot find her to put some closure to it. I'm feeling guilty for leaving her out on Wed but she did not want in plus her seizures seemed less hazardous to her outside in the straw than iside in the kitchen. Just wish i could have found her to give her a proper burial. She was not a trained hunitng dog, she was not a purebred with papers but she was one of the family pets who was always happy to see us despite how long we were gone. I'll miss her. I know many of you guys are dog guys and know just how I feel.

Man Kaare with my lab at 11 I can't imagine what a hard pill that would be to swallow. They become a member of the family for sure. Remember the good times you had with her.

Like always I'm sorry for your loss of a great companion and family friend. I hope you do find her for your own self closure.

its kind of funny how close to us they become.....
Man's best friend!!
Hope you find her Kaare

Sorry to hear this, Kaare. Like others have mentioned, they do become a member of the family. I hope you find closure.

Randy

Sorry to hear that.
frown.gif

I hope you find her

Sorry to hear.My last dog passed after 14 yrs,and was our first kid before are to boys were born.Hope you find her to bring some closure.

Sorry to hear you lose. I to have had a dog pass. He got hit by a truck in the driveway. It was probably the worst death I delt with. I hope you can put some closure on this.

Sorry to hear that. I don't know what I would if one of my young pups died. Hope you get some closure on this.

Sorry on your loss, I think in nature they know when they are ill and want to go off and die on their own. Please try not to feel guilty. Just get through the days.

Sorry to hear. Been there a few times myself. Not only family in a sense, but an unconditional friend.

Sorry to hear about your loss Kaare, I hope you find some closure and try to remember the good memories she brought you and your family.

Sorry to hear that Kaare. I just lost my 8 year old Brittney 2 months ago so I know how it feels. Just be thankfull for the time you had with her

Kaare - I'm sorry to hear that man, find peace in knowing you did all you could for her in those last couple weeks. She knew it was time and didn't want to put you through it - even though this may be harder on you without closure. Keep your head up man, with all the miles you've walked shed hunting, I'll bet you find her with your determination and will be able to give her that proper burial.

Top Bottom