Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

lost dog.

beararchery

Any help would be appreciated but my dog disappeared this morning in Clark county. She is a blue tic/ walker and she is white with black spleckles alp over her. It makes me nervous because right when gun season starts, she is missing. She's is about 1 years old and goes by the name pepper. Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does she by chance have a collar on or perhaps a tattoo in her ear?

When I owned coon dogs I tattooed all of them inside the right ear.

Never know when one would come up missing; it’s a great way to identify your dog if lost or stolen.
I hope you get your dog back!

No, no tattoo or collar, we have other dogs and never had problems with them going missing. If she still out there she is with another dog that's a big black lab mix.

I know you know this BUT... I'd be contacting EVERYONE in the area!! I'd be contacting shotgun groups you see, etc. I sure hope the dog isn't a deer chaser. Probably the worst time in the year to have a dog out and about, especially if they liked to chase deer. Hope you find your dog!

They aren't much of a deer chasers but they are always after raccoons, squirrel, rabbit, just about all small game. I've talked to the groups that I could and we are putting up missing posters. I have been taken roads, and walking just about everything I can. I just hope they are fine and either find their way home or someone walks up on them and let's us know.

Well after 5 days of searching we found her. She had been shot with a high power. It was a very emotional day considering this was a family dog.

Sorry to hear that! Our dog got hit with a slug in the foot because it was "annoying" a shotgun group on our neighbors property.

Find the person who did it and shoot him in the ass. That sucks man I would kill anybody who messed with my dog

You know I guess its alright for people to shoot a dog if its a nusence. Talked to the sheriff today and he said it was perfectly legal. That's the part that really pisses me off, is that he wasn't deer hunting, or at least not legally with his high power. He had a couple dead deer carcuses that I assumed she was eating or she was just finding her way back home. She had been seen by a neighbor a couple days earlier heading back towards are home. I just want 1 reason why this person felt the need to shoot her.

That does suck indeed. I feel for yah. Nothing worse than losing a good dog.

Its sad to say but we got a horrible dog problem on our farm. I would shoot every dang one of them if I didn't feel guilty about it since I know whose dogs they are. Somebody finally shot the two labs that were running it and the owners simply got three more that are in the timber every day. Just a matter of time before they are dead as well. I don't even hunt the place because of the dogs. Pretty sad really. I have 220 acres of great ground I can hunt that is ruined from dogs running and the owners won't do anything about it. I wasted three days of vacation last year trying to hunt around those stupid things. I almost packed in a slug gun in one morning and shot them I was so fed up with them.

Maybe whoever shot your dog has had a dog problem in the past and was fed up with it and just shot it. I know a lot of guys that would shoot a dog running through their timber and not feel guilty about it at all, especially if they didn't know the dog. Its not right but it is the way it is.

Sorry to hear about this. Losing a dog is hard especially this way.... Just wrong to see something like this happen

Top Bottom