Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lots still holding

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Did some moonlit driving in the middle of the night on Tuesday and was shocked how many bucks were still holding. We saw some absolute slobs too! It's nice to be able to check all these deer out in the middle of the night with no spotlight needed.

We were also out calling coyotes. My buddy hadn't shot one yet, so he was in the drivers seat. We did 6 sets and saw coyotes on 3 of them. Unfortunately he was only able to get a shot at one... Apparently 35 yards wasn't close enough :D. I was glad that he was able to sling some lead though.

I'd say 95% of my bucks are still holding, as of last Saturdays card pull. Had one old 10 that has had a half rack for well over a week, and only one other shed buck. Everything else holding from spike to 8 points.

i saw two pigs holding last night! deer were all over the place! did see two half racks, but the two big boys and several 120-140" still holding both

Same thing I am seeing here in SW Iowa. Have been pulling cards once a week over corn and only one dink half rack and another dink going off body size that has actually shed. All this snow and cold though might put some stress on them and drop soon.

skyleralan - I saw an absolute pig still holding along highway 2 monday night west of bedford down in the ditch. I tried honking at him to see if it'd scare his rack off but it didn't work! Keep an eye out on the highway for him!

I saw a group of 9 bucks last Thursday, and only two were half racks. Going to try and get out and cruise a little tonight.

Pulled cards last Wednesday, had a few that were spikes and forks that had dropped. Neighbors dog brought up half of a 2yr olds rack, haven't found the other half. I have not had any older deer on cam, kind of normal though since most are living on the neighbors land.

Same here in Allamakee county seen two great bucks yesterday still holding. One was in the yard eating apples they are hitting the beans and alfalfa hard too.

skyleralan - I saw an absolute pig still holding along highway 2 monday night west of bedford down in the ditch. I tried honking at him to see if it'd scare his rack off but it didn't work! Keep an eye out on the highway for him!

Give me the exact coordinates would ya!

A buck was standing in the gravel road last night and as he was trying to get to the timber, he crashed into a Russian Olive in the ditch. I was hoping it would knock an antler off, stopped and went back to look, no such luck. :mad:

Pulled 3 cards today near winterset. The corn- alfalfa bale and trophy rock combo did the trick- just over 3,000 photos over 2 1/2 weeks. A lot of different bucks- a lot. All
Holding but one half rack

Pulled 3 cards today near winterset. The corn- alfalfa bale and trophy rock combo did the trick- just over 3,000 photos over 2 1/2 weeks. A lot of different bucks- a lot. All
Holding but one half rack
Also pulled one today one week with 4000 pictures 2 fully shed and one half rack. Pictures if him fighting other buck but it held on

Checked cam today to see if is functioning. 147 pics in two nights. One half rack, one mature buck fully shed, and 6 bucks still holding. Will check it again Saturday .

I pulled a card today....would say that's it's about 60/40 holding to shed on this particular farm...we searched around for a while but snow is still plenty deep enough...on a side note a giant buck I named 50 cent showed back up after a long time I'm hoping to find his sheds soon...

Top Bottom