Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lucky buck or should I say unlucky

Shredder

Life Member
ILDeerslayer hit this buck on the 6th on a still hunt. He felt he made a good hit and there was adequate blood on the ground so he and his dad could track him. After losing blood about 3/4 mile away from the shot, and two days of tracking, they felt it was a lost cause and gave up. I think this deer is only 2.5 years based on his body. I hope the buck makes it. If you look close enough, you can see the exit wound just in front of the shoulder.
933brentsbuck-2.jpg

It's kinda ironic I just read this. I shot a buck 3 weeks ago and thought the shot on him was pic. perfect. When we started looking for him we barely found any blood at all. Then as if someone turned on a water faucet there was blood. I mean blood everywhere. I was positive that we would find in no time. Well 3hrs and a mile later my hopes diminished. We returned the next day and found where he bedded at but still no buck. Well this morning my friend shot a HOG!!!!! Probably a 170-180 class 10 pointer. Our other friend video taped the whole thing and we saw where he hit him. Right behind the shoulder but just a touch high. Still in the vitals though. Well while they were looking for his they found my buck. Approx. 1 mile from where I shot him. The sad thing is they still didn't find his tonight. Tomorrow they are going to a spot where they heard some coyotes and see if they find him. It's just good or should I say bad to hear that someone else had the same thing happen to them.
shrug[1].gif

Ditto to that. Same thing happened to me last week here in Nebraska. Would have been my largest buck yet. We found good blood for about 40 yards and then the faucet shut off. Incredible how tough these animals are. We tracked for 2 1/2 solid days and couldn't find a thing. Hope he lives to see another day and survives rifle season over here.
frown.gif

Top Bottom