Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Made it back from Minnesota!!

tracker

Life Member
Had a great time on this first for me bear hunt. Took this bear on second night. 202 lbs after field dress, great way to start the year out.
487DSC00026-thumb.JPG

Atta Boy Pat!! Congrats!! I hope this is the start to a great season for you..... Good Hunting and Be Safe!

Woody

Congratulations! Been up in zone 31 three times and taken 2 bears, so I undestand the rush! The heart just seems to pound a little faster when you're pulling the string back on a bear. Did you get a decent hide?

NWBuck

This bear has just a beatiful jet black coat that is super shiny and thick. As a group of three we all tagged out in two days with bows. There was a person checking in a bear the first night that tipped the scale at 403lbs. That was big. It is amazing how these things suddenly seem to appear from nowhere. Everything seemed to happen so fast that the pounding in the heart didn't start until the arrow had been released and the death moan was heard. That was interesting also, the total time from the arrow hitting until the last moan was probably 30 seconds. Held my cool and had a geat liver and heart shot, couldn't ask for anything better for a shot angle, quartering away. Need to make some phone calls on Tuesday to see about prices on mounts, would like to do full body seems it's a first with the bow, I think that price is close to a rug, at least I hope. If anyone knows of a website where I could view some cool mounts I would appreciate it. Good luck to the rest of you in your pursuit, sounds like it could be a good year.

tracker

Congratulations on your harvest of that fine Black Bear. I am sure that it was an adrenaline rush.

A Black Bear hunt is still very high on my list of things to do.

I'm recalling my first bear and know how good you feel. It's cool how they move so quietly and appear like smoke drifting.
The full mount will cost more than a rug. If you ever thought about dabbeling in taxidermy a rug is not hard. Especially with a closed mouth. I'm thinking it's a great bear @ 202 for Mn. But it probably won't be your last. Save the full body for an upright mount of that BIG bruin in your near future. It's calling.......

Way to go tracker!!! That is so cool. Hope to try and do that some day. For now just working on that nice mature buck. Again way to go!!! Should make a beautiful rug.
laugh.gif

Top Bottom