Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews Creed

Lucky13

Any of you guys out there shooting this bow? The wifey gave me the nod so Im thinking Ill probably go with the creed

Any of you guys out there shooting this bow? The wifey gave me the nod so Im thinking Ill probably go with the creed

I'd recommend is that you go shoot this bow side by side others prior to purchasing. Also make sure you shoot all the bows at their limb max weight. They shoot very different when you do this.

Personally I wouldn't hunt with it if you gave it to me. The Mathews draw cycle is the worst in the industry IMO. Extremely smooth until the cam rolls over and the you slam Into a back wall hard enough to dislocate a shoulder.

I shot it one day at the archery shop! Sweet bow, very smooth and quiet. Haha but im a PSE guy, they came out with a bow this year that shoots 370, its called the Full Throttle. Im gonna try to save up for it. When its runnin at $1100 bucks, its gonna be awhile. :D A guy can dream right!? but hey the Creed is a sweet bow, also looks cool!

Last edited:
I shot it one day at the archery shop! Sweet bow, very smooth and quiet. Haha but im a PSE guy, they came out with a bow this year that shoots 370, its called the Full Throttle. Im gonna try to save up for it. When its runnin at $1100 bucks, its gonna be awhile. :D A guy can dream right!? but hey the Creed is a sweet bow, also looks cool!

I have a z7 extreme,helim and a creed love them all and cant give any up,there are guys sellin creeds online for $550 bare already food deals outthere

I shot the Creed, Spyder, and Carbon Knight. The Creed was perfect. Fast, quiet, and incredibly smooth. Its the first single cam bow I've ever owned and I love it.

Last edited:
It's personal choice... I liked the Heli-m better than the creed. I really like my new Chill R. The Heli-m can be had for decent prices on eBay. Any of the newer Mathews are awesome. The best shooting bow I've shot besides Mathews was the G5 Primal and the Prime. But I'm a Mathews guy and I'll probably never switch....

One thing I will add is alot of my bow hunting friends get way too caught up in IBO fps. There is much more to a bow then speed.

Your right! I used to shoot the fastest bows I could get my hands on, but with age came a little wisdom.

Now I shoot the bow that I'm the most accurate with. Speed only kills when it's accurate. The new Chill R is the fastest bow I've ever drove tacks with ..,,

Has anyone shot the PSE Full Throttle? I want to, just cant find it anywhere!

Guys on archerytalk seemed to like it. A lot of them said it had a surprisingly non-violent draw. I don't know, I feel like a 370 ibo would have to have a pretty harsh draw but who knows.

Lucky, Just went on Mathews site and build my own creed! Its cool, didnt know you could do that. You can have it in different patterns and have different colored cables, and other accessories. The one i created had carbon fiber limbs, wood hand, neon green cables and stuff. This is pretty neat. Good luck with yours.

It's personal choice... I liked the Heli-m better than the creed. I really like my new Chill R. The Heli-m can be had for decent prices on eBay. Any of the newer Mathews are awesome. The best shooting bow I've shot besides Mathews was the G5 Primal and the Prime. But I'm a Mathews guy and I'll probably never switch....

I was told that the HeliM has more hand shock because its lighter....how do you like the ChillR compared to the Creed?

I wasnt planning on getting a new bow but I ordered the wife a Mathews Jewel and well I cant let her have a better than me!!! Right now I shoot a PSE Brute X and while its a good bow for the price, it is nothing compared to the higher end bows...

I wasnt planning on getting a new bow but I ordered the wife a Mathews Jewel and well I cant let her have a better than me!!! Right now I shoot a PSE Brute X and while its a good bow for the price, it is nothing compared to the higher end bows...

Get the ZXT and you can match perfectly

I shoot the PSE Brute X too, i have the same reason as you, just want to upgrade and get something better.

My Heli-m is dead in my hands. I haven't shot a Mathews with hand shock in years.

The Chill R would be my preference over the Creed, but I'd highly recommend shooting them side by side at a dealer. That's the best way to tell what's best for you. And you will know when you shoot them side by side.

You can get some crazy deals on archery talk on used bows .bought my fully loaded heli m tactical with skb hard case for $800 and there are a ton of creeds for sale on there.

Top Bottom