Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews MQ 1

F

Flatfoot

How on earth do you quite these bows down, I shot a recurve for years and switched over this year. Its really loud it sounds like your slapping the side of a tin shed. I have tried everything ,are all compounds this noisy. It seems the manufactures have a lot to do.

What is your set up on the MQ? I hate to tell you this but it will never be as quite as your recurve but it will be as quite or quitter than most compounds. If it doesn't have limb savers on it already start with that and then look at a stabilizer that has a good dampening system. If it still sounds loud shoot someone else's compound to do a comparison.

Good luck.

I have got one for my son. We did the same as headgear then also added string leeches and a limb saver type silencer on the quiver also. Now it is almost as quiet as my Q2.

Good advice here so far. As far as a stabilizer goes check out the stealth (light and very quiet).

www.stealthachery.com

The guy makes great products. I have also used (Tru Ball) spiders on the string of my Q2 with good results.

Old Buck,
Have you had problems with the string leeches not lasting long? I would like to try them but everyone I tall to says they are not very durable.

LimbChicken

FYI, Simms is coming out with new string leeches that are kevlar lined and have larger areas that go in the string to keep them from flying out while shooting. We got 'em on the "03 Hoyts and they work pretty good. We don't have 'em in individual packages for sale though.

Sweet, but that is about the only thing worth a hoot on a Hoyt...
grin.gif

Easy guys just kidding...

Top Bottom