Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mean but funny prank

That is hilarious. I would love to do that someday!! I still like throwing a big shed about 15 foot off our lane for the ole man to find on his drive in our out of our place :)

Doesn’t the Iowa DNR use several of those types of decoys to catch poachers?
icon14.gif

reminds me of when i did that to a good budy coyote hunting set up a frozen dead dog made a stalk and he missed at 30 yards twice. I never laughed so hard in my life.

The dead dog/coyote story reminded me of a doozy that I pulled on a friend back in the day...

We were duck hunting out of my boat with a big decoy spread in front of us and about mid-morning we had both dozed off for a few minutes when I woke up and noticed that one of my decoys had drifted free and was travelling downwind away from us except when it hung up on some grass, etc. I leaned over to my buddy and told him that a lone drake mallard had landed in the decoys, but was swimming away, I was sure that if he carefully snuck out out of the boat and stayed real low to the water that he could ambush it.

His eyes lit up and he took the bait and slithered out of the back of the boat like an eel. He kept so low to the water that he was actually taking water down the front of his waders, but I kept hissing at him to go slower, stay lower. I suppose he made it about 30 yards away from the boat when he realized that the duck was really a decoy and back he came stompin' mad, and wet from leaning over so far. :)

It all added up to a pertty good laugh, well for me anyway. :D

Then there was the time that he and I were fishing and I'll just say that he was scared to death of crawdads... :D

Top Bottom