Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Meat Locker lost my Antlers

Like the title says. Stopped by to get my deer from the processor this afternoon, and they lost my antlers. I am furious and upset. First Iowa Whitetail since I moved here. Here are a couple photos of him, he was my nicest to date. I am sick to my stomach. Not sure what to do, figured I would post here.

IMAGE 2024-01-08 17:29:00.jpgIMAGE 2024-01-08 17:29:02.jpg

Which Locker? What area of the state? Maybe some antler buyers on here know, or can get to the bottom of it for you?

That really sucks, I would be so upset, that is a really nice buck too.

Only thing I can say is I would not leave a rack I wouldnt want to lose at a locker. The locker I use has an after hours drop off cooler which is absolutly amazing, love it for how conveneient it is. But if i had a nice buck, I would not be dropping it off in the dropoff cooler and come back later to get the cap/rack, I would not risk it.

Oh come on!! I hear hunters all the time say “you can’t eat antlers!” ;)
that’s incredible!!! Places don’t “lose antlers”. Someone took em! A giant rack doesn’t get thrown out with bones or fall between the couch cushions.
They at a bare minimum, owe u a replica!!! Sorry for the disaster & I sure hope they go to lengths to rectify it as best as possible. Bummer!!!!

Centerville. Country Roads Meat Locker.

I will talk to someone who makes replicas and see what the price on something even would be.

I work part time at a locker and I WOULD never leave a set of antlers at any locker ever! We don’t do deer and when we did it was boned out deer only.
Sorry you are having to go through this but they should have an idea what happened to the antlers!!

Replicas are made from a set of antlers with a mother mold. Then the set is poured. Yours with no set of antlers to make a mold will have to free handed and is a very difficult task to complete and pull off with just pics.
Question how long were the antlers at the locker before you tried to pick them up?

Replicas are made from a set of antlers with a mother mold. Then the set is poured. Yours with no set of antlers to make a mold will have to free handed and is a very difficult task to complete and pull off with just pics.
Question how long were the antlers at the locker before you tried to pick them up?
They can make off of pictures these days. Some don't even mold at all anymore. They 3d scan and reproduce. Some people are "backing up" there racks with scans in case of theft or fire.

They can make off of pictures these days. Some don't even mold at all anymore. They 3d scan and reproduce. Some people are "backing up" there racks with scans in case of theft or fire.
Yep I didn’t think of that! I’ve fallen behind on technology

I'd be livid as well! Great buck, hope it works out. I don't take mine to a locker to avoid things like that and not knowing 100% if it's my deer or not. If it's worth mounting I'll cape my own out and keep the skull or have them cape and cut the antlers out before I leave just to make sure.

I'm livid just hearing your story. Anymore, I don't even leave antlers with my taxidermist who is a very good friend, in case of theft/B&E. Very sorry to hear it...I'd be sick too. And demanding the cost of the replica!

I absolutely hate that for you. That said, I don't think a meat locker is covering the expense of a replica. No chance that's getting done for less than $1,000.

I've never seen anything more than a dink at a meat locker & I'm assuming that's the exact reason. Somebody with sticky fingers is going to swipe the sucker. I'd post on social media and hope that somebody who snagged it would drop it off. Probably a teenager that wasn't thinking & thought it would be cool to have a nice rack on the garage wall. I'd ask the meat locker if they'd match a $100 reward for the return of them. Well worth $100 out of your pocket.

$200 reward or gift card for the locker might turn them up real quick.

Top Bottom