Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mid October Decoying? Oh ya!

bowman

Super Moderator
After hearing and then seeing two mature bucks going at it Sunday evening, Allison and I decided to try to change our luck with the decoy Monday afternoon. It worked perfect! First a small buck scraped the ground like a bull ready to fight for about 30 minutes, then.....urp, urp, grunts coming from the right, then a mature buck, ears back, hair bristled, and boom!!! Fell 60 yards away from the hit and within sight. She will be writing her story and posting her pics in the harvest forum as soon as she has some time with her busy Jr. High schedule.

I usually don't decoy this early or decoy during gun season, but our set up allowed me to see anyone approaching from any agle that we could have been in the path of a bullet, and, of course, we were wearing our orange. The cold snap, recent mature buck fight, and location made my decision and it worked perfectly! Just thought I'd let you all know that we tried it and it worked.:way:

Dang it Wayne, your family is getting it done this year. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Congrats to you guys! Sounds like an amazing hunt. Can't wait to hear the hunters version and see the pics.

I hope you heard Sydney screaming congratulations to Allison in the background last night! We are very excited for her.

And, I might as well get it over with. Let Allison (and Trenton) know that I wear size 7-1/8 ball cap and XL shirts. I have a feeling they are going to need that information! :eek:

That's awesome Wayne! Although you can't post this and not at least show one picture! Can't wait for her post. Congrats to you both!

Although you can't post this and not at least show one picture! Can't wait for her post. QUOTE]

You're right, I should at least provide a teaser photo!:D

1040-teaser.jpg

Top Bottom