Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MINERAL TO PUT OUT NOW…

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I put out mineral for health in all capacities. Countless benefits. & I absolutely believe they increase antler size substantially. To make it simple - get a mineral that’s 8% phosphorus or more. By definition: the calcium level will almost always be double that. & then- the micros & other vitamins will be there (& needed!!! Things like cobalt/B vitamins, selenium, D, etc).
1) I won’t get into cwd debate…, I can have it & if anyone wants to debate the cwd in relation to mineral- I will respectfully debate this one.
2) I am clearly not putting out mineral to shoot deer off of them. Clearly it’s not legal but even in states u can put mineral out during deer season- u are not gonna shoot a buck by using mineral as a “bait”. By fall- it’s not really even utilized in states where it’s legal. I would clearly take measures to have it gone by deer season. Could dig it up with tractor or skid steer bucket. Or could cover it with a hay bale. Or whatever. Another one I do…. I put mine in spots where I don’t hunt. Maybe it’s close to road & used at night. I’ll still cover it. Whatever - there’s a million solutions here.
3) if u don’t like mineral or don’t wanna go through hassle - I respect your view.
4) any brand of good mineral like this & add 1-2 lbs granulated garlic per 100 lbs. 5 lbs molasses mixed in and some on top. Could add feed grade sulfur at .5 lbs per 100 too.
*im not a vet & im not the FDA/USDA & I’m not a game warden. Clearly research yourself on all levels.
5) don’t waste your $ on high salt content mineral with low phosphorus levels. It’s just overpriced diluted junk.
Do I think they work? Oh my, yes. If a guy puts them out…. Here’s INGREDIENTS that are examples of what u would want. NOW is when u want them out!!!! February is ideal. Into august. The mineral with garlic are game changers for EHD IMO too. For those who do it…. Here’s examples….

F3A72DCB-70DE-449B-8039-ED2DD4A4A850.jpeg
5C860A26-DE4B-4726-AFF0-7AD89D0E3E3E.jpeg
F0DFF092-3ADA-4441-9E73-A7BDC2EA1099.jpeg

All good. Where is the easiest place to buy the garlic/molasses/sulfur?

Any one stop shops?
Any bigger coop, especially if they deal with cattle stuff- can get “feed grade sulfur”. Or google it. 50 lbs last forever!!!
They also can get dried molasses. 50 lbs bags. I’ve bought at farm stores too. Both are easy to find with a bit of digging and both are very cheap.

Same with 25-50 lbs granulated garlic-
last forever …. This one ….

Block work well too? I have only ever used loose minerals. One work better than the other or about the same?

I go the easy route and use Trophy Rock. Last about 3 months until it's gone. Once some dissolves they dig a big hole in the ground. Been seeing larger buck very year.

You talked me into it. I put out two blocks and poured molasses over them. I might break them up later and put more molasses on them if they don't get used well.

I put out mineral for health in all capacities. Countless benefits. & I absolutely believe they increase antler size substantially. To make it simple - get a mineral that’s 8% phosphorus or more. By definition: the calcium level will almost always be double that. & then- the micros & other vitamins will be there (& needed!!! Things like cobalt/B vitamins, selenium, D, etc).
1) I won’t get into cwd debate…, I can have it & if anyone wants to debate the cwd in relation to mineral- I will respectfully debate this one.
2) I am clearly not putting out mineral to shoot deer off of them. Clearly it’s not legal but even in states u can put mineral out during deer season- u are not gonna shoot a buck by using mineral as a “bait”. By fall- it’s not really even utilized in states where it’s legal. I would clearly take measures to have it gone by deer season. Could dig it up with tractor or skid steer bucket. Or could cover it with a hay bale. Or whatever. Another one I do…. I put mine in spots where I don’t hunt. Maybe it’s close to road & used at night. I’ll still cover it. Whatever - there’s a million solutions here.
3) if u don’t like mineral or don’t wanna go through hassle - I respect your view.
4) any brand of good mineral like this & add 1-2 lbs granulated garlic per 100 lbs. 5 lbs molasses mixed in and some on top. Could add feed grade sulfur at .5 lbs per 100 too.
*im not a vet & im not the FDA/USDA & I’m not a game warden. Clearly research yourself on all levels.
5) don’t waste your $ on high salt content mineral with low phosphorus levels. It’s just overpriced diluted junk.
Do I think they work? Oh my, yes. If a guy puts them out…. Here’s INGREDIENTS that are examples of what u would want. NOW is when u want them out!!!! February is ideal. Into august. The mineral with garlic are game changers for EHD IMO too. For those who do it…. Here’s examples….

View attachment 125035View attachment 125036View attachment 125037
where you purchase your mineral?

You talked me into it. I put out two blocks and poured molasses over them. I might break them up later and put more molasses on them if they don't get used well.
I checked my blocks last night and they are getting hit pretty good. I need to get a camera over them.

Yep!! Any mineral with 8% or more phosphorus…. ALMOST by definition- rest of ingredients fall into place. Calcium will be double phosphorus, etc etc. Won’t be too much salt, etc.
I would get any mineral like that in bags & add 2-5 lbs of dried molasses to top or mixed in

Top Bottom