Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MINERAL TO PUT OUT NOW…

I could smell the garlic got delivered before I pulled in the driveway
ccee34d3e16c828e351d791e3220f748.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put mine out the first Sunday in Jan. The deer have been hammering it since. I'd keep refreshing it every 2 months if I didn't plan on hunting in illegal zone spelled out in the baiting law.

These are two of the bucks that have spent several double digit minute visits at this mineral lick. The 5x5 is new since last week. A new half rack typical 5 pt that has a 2" kicker off his G2 showed up last week as well.

Attachments

• new buck.JPG
    new buck.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 74
  • new buck2.JPG
    new buck2.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Shiv and new buck.JPG
    Shiv and new buck.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 70
  • Shiv.JPG
    Shiv.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 71
Put mine out the first Sunday in Jan. The deer have been hammering it since. I'd keep refreshing it every 2 months if I didn't plan on hunting in illegal zone spelled out in the baiting law.
I like this new law. No BAIT 10 days before season. (Corn or whatever).
Minerals on the other hand… 200 yards from spot. Here’s the reality- no one uses minerals to shoot bucks. If they do - it’s incredibly rare & not effective like spreading corn or whatever. So- the dudes that put out mineral for deer health…. & genuinely not for hunting - can have some clear direction to stay legal and avoid issues. I like the sounds of this law at first glance.

Deer are hammering now. Bucks are replenishing their depleted skeletal structures post rut right now. All deer r taking in things they deficient of or need (even impacts fawns & their future viability/potential). Things they take in right NOW will directly impact antler size (& all deer health going forward) this next summer. Next 2 months are absolutely critical & wildly determinative on antler potential. Why NOW is so key to also have good natural browse, grain, other plots, etc.

Loose figures to look for: 8% phosphorus. Usually calcium is around double that. Rest will fall in place if u find that. I’d pry add some dried molasses to it if new to the deer.
IMG_2294.jpeg

Has anyone found mineral bags with 8% phosphorous around Eastern or Southern Iowa? Same with the powdered Molasses.

Has anyone found mineral bags with 8% phosphorous around Eastern or Southern Iowa? Same with the powdered Molasses.
I know theisens has the dried molasses. I will check on the mineral there in a little bit. Assuming you have a theisens nearby?

Yes I could conveniently get to the Theisens in Coralville. Let me know please. Thanks!
Theisens in vinton had the molasses but the highest phosphorous percentage I could find in any mineral was 6 percent. It was called stockade super 6.

Theisens in vinton had the molasses but the highest phosphorous percentage I could find in any mineral was 6 percent. It was called stockade super 6.
Thanks for checking! I will let you know what Cville has

Sligh or others want to chime in on if 6% is ok?

Bullseye 8 has a copper warning for sheep, just noticed that. Sheep=deer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom