Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missed Opportunity

cybball

I took my son out Saturday morning. Had bucks running does all over the place. Finally, around 8, a group of does appeared in the pasture to the north east of us and appeared to be heading toward us. Soon after, I see the largest buck I have ever seen while hunting, following behind. The does cam all the way to the fence that seperates the draw I was in from the pasture they were in. When the lead doe got to the fence, she looked right at me. She stared me down and started to stomp. Soon after that, she turned and ran back where they came from. Needless to say, the rest of them did too. They were upwind of me and I never walked anywhere near that spot. She obviously picked out a human shape in the tree and didn't like it. Do you think there is a chance that buck could be back? He was back a ways and behind a bunch of brush when she saw me. I know he never did. Just curious if you think I still have a chance at him? I can't get back out until Friday morning because of work though. This buck was enormous.

Exciting isn't it.

I'm certainly no expert, but I'd say there's always a chance he'll be back.

Or others even bigger. Good luck.

I'd guess yes. He won't leave the area unless you give him a good spook or if the does leave. Next time hope he is being led by a different doe.

IaCraig.

Top Bottom