Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missouri - 37 Pointer

G

SALINE COUNTY, MISSOURI Kevin Thomas of Sweet Springs, Missouri harvested a tremendous 37 point whitetail buck on opening morning of the Missouri 2001 Firearms Deer Season. Thomas was walking to his deer stand when the buck stepped out in front of him in a bean field at approximately 6:40am. One shot, the buck dropped in his tracks just 50 yards away. It wasn’t until after he downed the deer before he became excited. He wasn’t aware this deer existed and was totally stunned by what just occurred. The deer was officially measured on November 18 by Buckmasters Whitetail Trophy Records Regional Director and Master Scorer Jack McConnell of Willard, MO and BTR Official Scorer Parker Stapp of South Greenfield,MO. The Official BTR score was 293 4/8 inches with a composite of 303 0/8 inches. The impressive rack carries 53.2% of irregular (non-typical) antler. Currently, the buck is the number one whitetail deer ever harvested in the State of Missouri, beating out the Randy Simonitch buck from last year. Nationally, the Thomas buck ranks number 2 in the BTR in the modern rifle category behind Tony Fulton’s 1995 buck which was harvested in Mississippi.

Click on link...

37Pointer

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 12-04-2001).]

swanny - I agree with your comment on buckmasters. I dont think it the deer is scorable for B&C. There is no defined MB, similar to cactus bucks. Maybe that is why they went to BM score.

I too agree on the BTR but it gives you a close guess on the B&C. I think they score about the same except for BTR doesn't add in the inside spread and doesn't subtract non-symetrical inches from the typical score. So add about 18" (my guess buy looking at the pic) for the inside and subtract some for the symetry deductions to the BTR score. I didn't know that BTR doesn't have a drying period before it is "official score".

Buckmasters scoring doesn't mean !@*^%! What was the B&C score?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by swanny:
Buckmasters scoring doesn't mean !@*^%! What was the B&C score?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swanny
Why doesn't the Buckmasters score mean shit? It's just someone elses way of measuring deer! I think if that were the case then the same could be said for the P&Y and B&C scoring systems. They measure air space between a deers main beams as part of the score. Can you say "where's the bone?" I think the Buckmasters scoring system better represents the TRUE size of the bucks antlers more than either of the other two scoring systems! I remember one individual that had a better way of scoring deer years back, it consisted of putting the antlers in a container of water and seeing how many milliliters of area they took up for the score, an exact measurement of antler mass! I have bucks that make book for bow but will never put them in because it matters not to me anyway.
G6

G6...I have entered none of my bucks either. I am not a Jackie Bushman fan. Email me and I will tell you why.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by swanny:
G6...I have entered none of my bucks either. I am not a Jackie Bushman fan. Email me and I will tell you why.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have your email address. ;-)
G6

G6
You think that putting deer antlers in a bucket of water, is the most accurate way of measuring size? Did you forget about spread? Overall mass of deer antlers is not the correct way to measure the deers size. But thats just my opinion...

I must be a complete idiot!!!

I have always cared about how they tasted..

"we marinated them antlers for 6 months and they was still hard" (jeff foxworty)

I do love and appreciate a great buck. have only taken what some consider a great buck once.

Have had the the joy of EATING several incredible deer.

I think that whatever scoring sytem a person uses your going to see some great bucks butchered by deductions for nonsymetrical antlers ect. I guess what I was really trying to say is I don't really care what the buck scores as much as how impressive it looks to me. When I shoot a buck I don't look at him and say to myself I wonder if he'll beat so and so's score. I don't really give a rats ass. I hunt for myself ONLY! JMHO
Sincerly
G6

Top Bottom