Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mitchell's First Turkey!!

luvtohunt

Went to bed last night thinking there was no way my son Mitchell and I would be getting out this morning because of the severe weather, but we both wished for the best and went to bed. I got up checked the weather, and unbelievably, the rain had stopped, so off we went. Went to our first choice, but we were unable to hunt because of very high water, so, we ran (fast walked) back to the truck and went to a different area. By the time we got set up season was open and not very much gobbling going on, however we did get one good response, but later realized he couldn't get close because of unknown high water. Then out of no where a Big Tom was twenty yards away, by the time Mitchell saw him and got his gun up, he was 10 yards away, BOOM, Mitchell dropped the hammer on him and down he went, if any of you would have been outside you would have heard my happy yells, what a moment. Not a thing better in this world than being with your child during this moment, wish I could bottle that feeling up. Needless to say Mitchell was extremely happy, The big tom weighed a little over 23 pounds, very thick 11" beard, and very sharp one inch spurs. What a morning. As we got him tagged and loaded into the truck, it started to rain again, some things are meant to be : )

100_2930.JPG

Congrats to you guys. Weather sure isn't wanting to cooperate today. Way to go!!!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Way to go John! Tell Mitch I said congrats!! Got your text right away this morning. Very happy for you guys!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GOLD TIP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Way to go John! Tell Mitch I said congrats!! Got your text right away this morning. Very happy for you guys!! </div></div>

Thanks Dana, hope I didn't wake you up...I know you weren't working. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Very cool story!

Its pretty awesome to see these youngsters killin birds with the adverse conditions!!

Congrats Mitchell!!!!
Excellent Bird!!

Congrats on a great early season bird.

Way to get the season started. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, the youngsters are puttin a hurt on em. Congrats! </div></div>

Sweet! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nice looking bird, and a great smile. That will be a hunt Mitchell remembers for a while. Congrats to you both.

Top Bottom