Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mitchells Smiling Now!!

luvtohunt

Despite the weather, had just about as good a time as anyone could have over the last weekend. Both of my boys shot great mature bucks, the scenery was beautiful, and the hosts were awesome as usual. On top of all of it, my boys got along like friends....(dads know what I mean). The picture is of Mitchell and his biggest buck to date, he was as patient as could be expected considering the weather and not alot of deer moving, but he stuck it out and shot this bruiser on Sunday morning. It was quite entertaining to watch him jump around and tell the harvest story over and over. To top it all off, he made a perfect 90 yard shot on a big doe later in the morning. He is already talking about being excited for next year.
Mitchells_Buck.jpg

DANG, that's a great buck. Way to go...I think you hit it squarely when you said the brothers got a long like friends. That's what the family bonding/hunting connection is all about, regardless of the harvest.

I have two brothers, and trust me...even though they grow up and fight through their differences, they'll always be able to have that hunting connection.

Now that is awesome! Congrats to the boys!!! Love to hear that the passion was enough to stick it out! Many other hunters around didn't have that desire! Something to be really proud of as a dad!!

Congrats to you and the boys!

that is great! stuck it out and it payed off, it is good that that can happen to younger hunters, they then appreciate the times it does pay off!

Well, congrats to you and the boys, sounds like a great weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On top of all of it, my boys got along like friends </div></div>
I know what you mean....my brother is my best friend, hope one day my sons are too.

Congrats again!!!

hoofline.gif

Congrats Mitchell, Nice buck. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Give him a big pat on the back on an awesome job. I am taking my 12 yr old nephew out this weekend in hopes of putting him on his first deer, buck or skinhead. Should be fun, and sounds as if you had fun as well. I can't wait until my sone is old enough to hunt. He is 6 and I am counting the days until he is able to handle going.

Top Bottom