Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MMMmmmmmm TAG SANDWICH

miff007

I'm a few days away from eating a Double Decker grilled TAG sandwich (bow and late muzzy). I will dress it with cheese and mayo. Thats O.K. I was not able to hunt much, I was out of town over 200 days this year. Thought I would do well late season but have not tried much since its so warm.

Still had a great time saw alot of young/ borderline shooter bucks, just none that were shooters this year. I don't get worked up about getting a good buck, I am thankful for the opportunity to get out and enjoy the outdoors!

I might get out 1 or 2 more evenings yet and stock up the freezer a little more ...

Any one else joining me for a sandwich, how would you like yours prepared.

Same here Bow and Anterless Bow. Cant say I havent tried though. I just got back from hunting tonight and didnt see a thing.

I'm eating a double too: Nebraska Rife and Nebraska Archery (both either sex tags). Only room in the freezer for one, so I was holding out for the big boy who never showed up. Oh well, I still had a fun and successful season.

Wednesday just keeps getting closer and closer, with the shadow of seasons end looming over my shoulder I am trying to keep a positive frame of mind and keep holding out for something mature for my late muzzy tag. Thus far it ain't been real difficult, only seen does and dinks. Hopefully one of these next nights will bring a shooter by, otherwise I'll have to drop a doe again.

At this point in the season, I'm about willing to shoot anything. I still don't know if I would shoot a fawn or a small buck yet if one walked by. I am just looking to fill the freezer, and I have yet to see a deer that I could shoot in the last week. I still have all day tomorrow and the last afternoon of the season to try and pull off the kill. Good Luck to everyone with a tag left. If I don't get a deer, could someone send me a recipe for tag stew, I can't seem to find one anywhere.

My dad and I went out tonight and saw about 20 deer, including 7 bucks (5 were shooters). He took a shot on a 160 class 10 pointer. We could not find blood, but did not go into the timber. I will be out at first light tomorrow to look for sign. It was only a 50 yard shot, so I hope (for shake) that he didn't miss.

I was out this am with a Cedar County antlerless archery tag. Didn't get the job done and doubt if I'll get back out. I have filled numerous tags so my only regret is that somebody else didn't get the option to buy this tag (Cedar County sold out their quota). Still have late antlerless only season left and I'm thinking I'll be able to fill that one.
waytogo.gif

Hang in their Gents.

Its going to start getting cold in the next few days, but don't hold your breath for alot of snow, but the colder temps may produce.

ya never know.

it only takes a few moments to fulfull that dream buck tag
but if things go bad, be sure you dont over cook that tag.........keep it a little red in the middle, and you will be happy

I still have an anysex bow tag to fill and might get out for one last hunt next week. Not to disappointed though, everything I hunted was new this year so I'll chalk it up as a learning experience. Had a blast and saw more bucks than ever before (most of which should be dandies next year). Also some very important green fields will be corn next year so I am very excited.

Good luck the next few days guys...

Well they say if your going to go down, go down big. I still have 3 buck tags unfilled and this will be for the second year in a row. I have had plenty of opportunities of 130-150's, but still want to let them grow into Booner material.

I got to eat a KS bow tag and one doe tag this year. I did shoot 4 does though, so I can't complain.

I was in western IA this weekend pheasant hunting and saw 3 great bucks on my family's land that hopefully can survive the last few days of muzzy season. Nobody in my family muzzy hunts, but I don't know about the neighbors. I sure hope I get drawn next year. Spending the weekend seeing all the deer made me REALLY HOMESICK.
crazy.gif

I was hoping for a recipe this week.I have 1- anysex bow 1- antlerless bow and 1- anysex gun tag left.I had only one chace at a shooter buck at 8 yrds.that never presented a shot and did not see many mature does. In one stand I would have a young deer come in every time but was always by it's self,so I figured it was a young buck and never took a shot.This year I have had to lock up the brakes more on deer in the the road then any time before.The bad thing is I live in town and have a bean field in my back yard that a 150-160 class buck is in with 12- doe's every night!Pass the mayo,there is always next year.
smirk.gif

Top Bottom