Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MN passed crossbows & HOW IT GOT THROUGH!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
THIS is the problem with special interests, politicians over-riding the DNR & Hunters & “the people”. $ won. People lost. Deer management lost. Read this & think about all of this!!!!!!! Thoughts?

Minnesota will now see a big hit to their buck age structure. It shows me Iowa needs to fight harder than ever to keep it great. Most hunters in Minnesota will probably like the change because it makes hunting easier, and it seems most hunters today want that. Everyone seems to want to shoot big, old bucks but they are not willing to support regulations that help to assure that. I saw firsthand what bad regulations do to a state (Illinois) and it's not good! Iowa is the last state to hold the line on bad regulations like unlimited NR tags, more outfitters, crossbows, firearms during the rut, etc. Everyone who likes the way Iowa is now, needs to get involved and put a little effort into the fight. It's definitely going to be a fight going forward to fight off unwanted changes.

What states suffer when states like MN with army of serious hunters gets strangled out worse?!?!?!….

All the states that do it right!!!!

If you think it would be any different to implement the use of crossbows in Iowa, you are kidding yourself. If the legislature approves a rule/law, then it is in place. The governor appointed Natural Resource Commision sometimes has some say in it but it is governor appointed for a reason. DNR has nothing to say and isn't allowed to assert a position on bills that pertain to their job responsibilities.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Trying to think of the positive, if it happens here, maybe rec land prices will fall to a reasonable level in the next decade.

Trying to think of the positive, if it happens here, maybe rec land prices will fall to a reasonable level in the next decade.
We can stop crossbows. We did it last year and we’ll do it every year it pops up.
The ANSWER IS NOT: flush iowa down the toilet so less people want to come here & ground gets cheaper.
Crossbows pass in iowa OVER MY DEAD BODY!
Positive is ONLY: defeating the scum bags.

We can stop crossbows. We did it last year and we’ll do it every year it pops up.
The ANSWER IS NOT: flush iowa down the toilet so less people want to come here & ground gets cheaper.
Crossbows pass in iowa OVER MY DEAD BODY! Positive is ONLY: defeating the scum bags.
Skip, your enthusiasm and positive outlook are admirable. Just gotta throw that out there.

In Minnesota the bill was proposed by two Hmong representatives from the Twin Cities—for their friends to shoot deer on public land . The Democrats voted it in. I’m sure some Republicans voted it in as well.

We don’t have a strong archery lobby in Minnesota, literally anything gets passed.

"The DNR plans to separate crossbow hunters from traditional archery hunters in harvest reports to track participation and harvests moving forward."

My prediction- crossbow harvest will surpass true archery harvest within 3-5 years, same thing that's happened in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Other so-called "opportunity" states (ex- Nebraska) that don't track crossbow vs archery harvests are just sticking their heads in the sand. At least MN will have a metric for how they finished off their deer herd structure.

Hey Everyone,

What just happened to MN could easily happen to Iowa as well if we don’t continue to stay organized, keep recruiting new members to IBA, and hunting the bad policies that are going to continue to show up each year. We are lucky to have Skip on our side, but he cannot do this alone. We need to support him and the IBA and not just sit on the sideline thinking they got it. WE ALL NEED TO BE ACTIVE!!!!! Iowa is great…let’s keep it that way!!!!

My wife and I joined the IBA a few days ago and havnt heard so much as a hello yet. Hopefully there’s more organization than I’ve seen so far. Thought about doing lifetime memberships but chose 3 years each to see what it’s like. Idk.

I'm sure your membership cards will be in your mailbox soon, mine usually takes about a week.

I would hope that the IBA focuses on more important things than greeting cards and salutations ... as long as they are funding a lobbyist (or multiple...), updating the legislator email portal during session, getting the word out about bad legislation and FIGHTING for us when no one else is, they can take my money and I could care less about a "hello". And after seeing what they've done for us over the last few years I've been in Iowa, they'll be getting some of my hard earned money every year.

Really. Spoken like a true non business owner and bad consumer, You want my money but get zero information. That’s bad business. At least give me an auto reply reach around . I help my wife run her business, it’s all about contact and customer service. Without customers there is no funding. It’s funny you send money blindly not quite knowing how the organization works? Good luck with that. Could you imagine how effective the group could be with good customer service and recruiting?

Last edited:
Top Bottom