Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MN Skis

waitn4rut

I just got back from the Leech Lake area after a little 5 day fishing trip. Managed to boat 4 Skis with the biggest only being a 43". My other buddy caught a 36" and a 30", and my brother also caught a 30". No big ones but were headed back up some time during mid July to hunt em down.

I'll get some of the other pics on here when I get my buddies camera from him. This was the only pic taken with mine.

Heres my 43"
DSCN0149.jpg

DId you fish Leech or other area lakes?

My son and I moved four on ALexander yesterday, the largest a high forties. Thinking about going to Wabedo tomrrow.

very nice!!!!!

never fished Leech, but you can bet it is on my list!!!!
what were you using if you dont mind sharing......???
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

well done!!!!

That wasn't leech but that lake was within 10 miles of it.

THA4 I was throwing down sized bucktails and 6" to 8" twitch baits up into the bull rushes. Since the water temps were still only at about 60 they haven't moved out to deep water yet. Most of the fish I saw were in less that 6 feet of water. Raised ALLOT of fish on the bucktails but caught more on the twitch baits.

cool!
thanks, ill keep that in mind as im headed north in a week to chase some of them big ol girls!!!!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Iowa1, I fished Wabedo and couln't get the fish to move well at all. If I were you I'd go to Little Boy instead. Raised 5 fish there and one was a PIG!!! Didn't catch any Skis but caught a nice Pike. (around 10 pounds) Good Luck

Went to Leech today and saw four small ones. Caught several largemouth and small pike.

Going to hit Little Boy or Wabedo one of these days but I'm going to Devils lake in a few days and to Canada right after that so I am not sure when I can fit it in.

I'll be testing a new lure in Canda on muskies. I have a nice little lake that is really hard to get to but it has a lot of skis in it. Last year we fished it eight hours and caught eight fish between four people in two boats. Largest was 38 inches and most were 32-34. Not big but lots of fun. Here's a hint:

http://www.arrowheadresortmotel.com/BERNIEBARRINGER.htm

It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

Top Bottom