Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Monster KS Typical

KansasHeadHunter

Jamie Farr, Junction City Ks.,harvested this buck Oct. 22.

This buck carried 11 main-frame tines and an extra point on each browtine.

The buck had tines to more than 12", main beams to 29 inches and an inside spread of more than 24 inches.
The buck was unofficially scored at 208 gross points. It's expected to net about 188 typical points when the mandatory 60-day drying period is over. It could also score about 203 non-typical inches, though the typical score will probably rank it higher in Kansas.

The archery state record is a 193 7/8 buck shot in Wabaunsee County in 2001. The fifth-best scored 188 5/8 and was shot in Pottawatomie County in 1998.

If he didn't have those splits on the browtines, he'd net 195 and be the new state record.

479-

I've never had any trouble posting photos but I've tried several times and it isn't working.If someone could give me their email I could send it if you will post.

Super buck there, but are we saying that with a buck that size that no one thought to take a picture before it was 3/4 skinned and hanging upside down? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kansasdeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am assuming that this is the buck you are talking about.

http://www.kansas.com/outdoors </div></div>

The buck linked in this story is another awesome deer but not the same one. No trash around the brows and it has a splitter.

Matthew

WOW!!! They are both great deer.Its unreel that there was two huge typicals taken that would gross 200 points that close to each other makes my head spin. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glasgowm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kansasdeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am assuming that this is the buck you are talking about.

http://www.kansas.com/outdoors </div></div>

The buck linked in this story is another awesome deer but not the same one. No trash around the brows and it has a splitter.

Matthew </div></div>

Yes, I agree. Yesterday that link did show the split brow buck.

Top Bottom