Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More big bucks

all4s

Life Member
I keep hearing about more big bucks but can't find story or pic's. does anyone have any info on the fallowing?
KY, Pendelton County 220 net
Ill, McHenry County 210 net? Shredder do you know anything?
Skskatchewan, Bart Manning?
Hunt on All4s

I have heard of a few bigguns killed but like you, I have yet to see confirmed pics or the stories. I will post pics and stories as I get them via email.

I live about 5 miles from where this buck was killed. It supposedly green scored 208 typical. Someone from Bass Pro was flying in last Tuesday to look at it. I very seriously doubt the score will hold true. The buck was actually killed on the Grant/Pendleton County line, so both counties are claiming it. The scorers around here tend to blow bucks up by 15 to 20 inches, so don't be supprised for this buck to come up a little short, just like the buck killed in Pendleton County acouple of years ago. When they get panel scored they normally get knocked down a bunch. The reason is the ex-Ky Deer Cordinator does the scoring and they blow the bucks up on purpose. Many people in KY think we have the best hunting around. I ain't going to tell them any different either! I don't think KY has ever produced a buck that would net over 195 typical. People around here don't realize how big a true 200 inch buck is. No lie if someone kills a 160 typical they think its a new state record, because that is a huge buck for KY. We only kill a half-dozen to a dozen bucks state wide that is eligible for Boone & Crocket. I know counties in the Mid-West that produce more than that every year! I am not saying that it not possible to kill a 200 typical, but I haven't ever seen one and I go to the all the deer shows. I could give you many examples of bucks, that after they are panel scored they loose about 20 inches of antler. I have to see it to believe it is that big, it will be the first one I've ever seen in KY. I'll keep everyone posted and if I see a picture I'll post it to!

Have a great night!
tongue.gif

221" 22 pointer shot in lee county illinois, i saw the picture of the mchenry country deer, said it was a 27 pointer it was in the rockford register star, www.rrstar.com maybe it will still be on the website if you look

I grew up in Lee County Illinois I haven't heard anything about a big one, but I'll ask around a little bit.

I know there was a monster taken in Kansas. Not real wide but tall and had great mass. I believe it's in the photo gallery. OneCam posted it.
893shocked-thumb[1].gif

Good evening fellas,

I finally found a picture of the Ky buck the was rumored to score 208 to 220+. It is a tremendous buck, actually bigger than I thought it would be. It is the biggest framed buck I have ever seen in KY, but it has some big deductions. Anyway I promised I would pass along pictures. Check out this link:

http://www.american-hunter.com/monsterbucks/jasonnewcombbuck.htm
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!!!

waytogo.gif

Top Bottom