Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More shotgunners passing young bucks?

I have just as much pride passing up a small buck as i doo if i were to get a large deer. I think it is great to be able to hunt the same area and watch the bucks grow. i do think it is ok if it is the persons very first deer. I know how it goes there, it is nice to have something to hang on the wall as a memoriam to you first deer.

during late muzzleloader season I spent mid days stillhunting public land w/in driving distance of Des Moines. To my suprise I had opportunities on 3 1.5-2.5yr olds. I opted to pass and never had a decent opportunity on a doe. I found quite a few candy wrappers and saw plenty of hunter sign. If I had to guess I'd bet that someone else had a few of these future Monsters in their sights through the course of both shotgun seasons. In a perfect world the younger bucks we all pass on end up on a young hunter's wall a few years down the road. thanks for the opportunity to let a nonresident speak his mind.

Top Bottom