Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More Tags to be sold?????

lefler168

A couple of days ago i went to by another doe tag from the local archery shop, but the quota had been met in my county. Everything was completely sold out. HOWEVER today i was told that there could be more tags sold when shotgun season approaches. Is this true? If so when will these tags go on sale? Any further insight or information on this topic would be welcomed. Thanks!

I was just looking at the dnr list earlier today to see how many tags were left where I hunt. I noticed that almost all of the counties that had very large quotas had sold very few tags, but the counties that had few tags were all sold out. The law of supply and demand – man only values something if it’s in short supply???
confused.gif

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, I just thought that was interesting.

I seriously doubt that ANY more tags will be issued for this season. The DNR can't respond that fast but I could be wrong.

My view of the tags not selling out in certain counties is this. If you look at the counties with a lot of tags, I would guess you might see a trend that they have large urban areas. Johnson county is a great example. In these heavily populated areas, deer can flourish and escape pressure. Also, I think there might be a disproportionate number of hunters in these "urban" settings (meaning people who enjoy owning an acerage and like seeing wildlife without hunting). Another possible factor is that the areas that need the most does thinned might not have hunters who care to harvest does. Some people still look down on harvesting does and some hunters only go out for one weekend and shoot the first buck that comes by
shocked.gif
Sheer speculation on my part though.

Top Bottom