Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

morels & gobblers

16point

i went out today while i was turkey scouting i found no mushrooms did find one shed and i saw alot of toms to bad i wasnt hunting this season

No Morels yet. But any minute now they should be poppin.

------------------

Opening day of second season score 3 birds and 1 morel. So far i have been out calling with guys and we have 3 birds in 3 hunts. Can't wait till 3rd and 4th season to fill my own tags. But as for tomorrow its morel time.

found about two dozen yellows today. They were all in the timber not on fence rows as i often find the early ones.

I've heard about people freezing morels. Does anyone know how to do that? Do you bread them first?

i freeze morels it works we just put morels in a baggy fill with water so that they r submerged and the other way is to just freeze them

...check out morelheaven.com they have all the info you could want on morels including freezing them...the site advise against freezing them in water...check it out!

I had no luck with the Gobblers today but I did find 20 nice Morels in about 15 minutes(and 1 shed). I'm in Southwest Missouri so it may be they are poping out a few days ahead of you in the north. A friend of mine picked up over 50 Sunday. Now if I can get a bird and maybe some crappie or walleye to fry with my 'shrooms I'll be "Fat & Happy!"

Top Bottom