Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Moultree M-80 Problems

BOWDUDE

I loved this cam, I used it on video mode and since then it will not take pictures.
Went and pulled it yesterday and not a pic 1. There was a run way in front of it.
So I am thinking about a new Bushnell or trying a Covert CA 3.0.

The Covert is on sale right now for $99.. anyone use these, I have not seen any bad reviews. How does the viewer operate???

Bowdude

I have the same cam with the same issues...Did you make sure all internal memory was erased? I know all the pics/vids have to be erased off the card but not sure If they have to be erased in the camera as well.

I got with Moultrie did all the resets and everything still no pics, took it back to Scheels and they gave me a full refund. Great store, also Moultrie was great on the phone.

I know the M80 for a short period of time was being produced by an inferior manufacture and consequently, some of the M-80s were having issues. If your cam has an "M" at the start of the serial # there is a chance your camera was produced there. I read this on another forum, which a guy stated he worked for moultrie, so take it for what it is worth..

I had one that started with an "M" and it had problems almost right away. Had issues with battery life and it just seemed to quit working after like 30 minutes of use (would quit taking pictures).

I had an m-80 quit working on me a month ago. I sent it in to moultrie to get worked on, they couldn't fix the problem so they sent me a brand new m-80xt. Straight out of the box it didn't work. Needless to say it got sent back to moultrie. Still waiting on this one to come back. Moultries customer service is excellent, it just seems that the m-80 line is giving them some trouble.

Ah wish i would have read this before just buying 3 of their cams about 3 hours ago

EDIT: Err i guess i bought 3 of the Game Spy L-50 model so i hope i dont have problems

I have 3 of them out, all working great, got them over Christmas from BassPro. No way I am paying $200+ for a trailcam, I use my Nikon if I want good pictures. Haven't had one stolen yet but it's just a matter of time, good enough picture to see what and if I want to hunt the area...close enough.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I had great luck with my m-80's this year. I did run into some problems mentioned and they frustrated me until I tried some of the fix it options.

I just kept cards especially for the m-80's, and did all deleting from the camera itself. Ran into problems when I cleared cards on my computer etc...

Once I kept m-80 only cards, and only deleted from the camera, all my problems went away.

I realy liked my m80 til one day it just stopped working I have no idea why since than I have returned it. Now I run mostly covert cameras, I personaly think they can be a little difficult to program but they are great cameras and take great pics.

Top Bottom