Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Moultrie M-880

cda77

I just ordered a Moultrie M-880. Wondering how the guys that have one like it. Particularly night picture quality. Thanks for any input.

I bought 5 last spring, they r good cameras, the manual says to have the cam at least 10 feet back from where u expect the deer to be, but I do 15 or 20 if I can, the flash is so strong that close animals get whited out big time, had issues with 2, one didn't take night pics, and the other has a line thru the lcd display, so its tough to read what im setting, talks now with Moultrie to get them fixed under warranty, im sure the newer ones, this years models prob have all the bugs worked out, I would buy more of them

I've got 2 and really like them. My friend and his dad run a lot of them as well. I'm currently saving to replace my spypoint and wildview cameras with more moultrie m880's.

I think I have about 6 M-880's and really like them. Still have some blurred night images, but if you can stop the deer, if legal, with bait, minerals, overhead branch, you will get some good pics.

How long will the M 880 last with an external 12v battery box? I think the 880 claims 200 days with lithium batteries. Wondering what the 12v would be.

I have a few m 880s with lithium batteries they are still up and running since beginning of September. They take good night pictures too, some can be blurry like most ir cameras if the deer is moving. The daytime pics are unreal. I have some primos ultra 46 cameras too and the m 880 blows them outta the water. Ill try to post some pics up

I had a Moultrie M-80 ( the camera Moultrie put out the year prior to introduction of M-880) that I forgot was in the timber. It was loaded with Energizer lithium batteries....I found it 8 months later and it was still reading 58 percent power and had over 3000 pics on it.

Im pretty sure i still have your camera.... From the sounds of the opinions in this page i might just keep it.... LOL!!!!!

cda77
Sorry for the late response but I bought an M-880 this past August and I absolutely love it! It's still up right now and I only changed the batteries once I believe..excellent trigger speed and the images are great. Night pictures are super clear! Hope you like yours as much as I like mine

Some sample day and night pics

Like all cameras, it does take a lot of blurry night time pics if the deer are moving. But overall the price, image quality, and battery life make this camera a really good buy

Thanks again for the replies. Had it out for 2 weeks now. 2600 pics. Day and night quality are excellent. Only downfall is the battery life hasn't been good. I'm gonna attribute it to the brutal temps. Overall very happy with it.

i have had mine up since 01/11/14 and on the card pull today the battery said 18%...my covert that has been up the same amount of time still has 80%...but the pics of the moultrie are WAY better than the covert...ill take the less battery life all day over the bad pics..will be buying multiple 880s this spring

i have had mine up since 01/11/14 and on the card pull today the battery said 18%...my covert that has been up the same amount of time still has 80%...but the pics of the moultrie are WAY better than the covert...ill take the less battery life all day over the bad pics..will be buying multiple 880s this spring

I agree. I have a covert mp6 as well. Very sensitive and great battery life, but terrible night pics.

Top Bottom