Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mounting racks on a plaque?

Coach

I have 3 nice racks that I want to mount on plaques to hang next to my other mounts. They are all capped off at the skull top. Do any of you know of somewhere to buy a nice kit or of someone that does this at a reasonable price? I want them look nice and last a long time. Thanks

You can call McKenzie taxidermy supply at 1-800-279-7985 for a catalog. Many types of wood panels to choose from. Few different ways to do this. I use a small styrofoam form,which the skull plate attaches to. Smooth out with drywall mud,sand,then use black powdered felt,,(flocking) Tough to describe by words, attach to a walnut plaque. Looks real sharp.There is also the cloth leather,that may be used.All of this available in that catalog.

wal-mart sells kits. i'm sure other sporting goods stores have them as well. i have done one, and have another to do this year. its not to hard, just take your time.

Hey Coach,
Cabela's sell's an antler mounting kit that is 15 dollars for a plastic skull cap and $35 for a leather skull cap. I used the plastic skull cap on all 3 of the antlers I mounting myself and it was really simple. If any questions e-mail me at adriansbc@yahoo.com or give me a call and you can stop by and see mine to see what they look like. 515-991-0348 and ask for Steve

Hey Coach - Let me know if you want an Iowa plaque for the antlers. I make a state of Iowa plaque that is very unique. You could mount your skull cap to that. If interested, send me a private message or check out my post in the classifieds.
grin.gif

Top Bottom