Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Movement updates

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
What is everyone seeing so far the weekend. So far for me it has been does and dinks. No mature deer during hours. What are you seeing? Mornings or evenings?

Only got out for 2hrs this am. Saw 6. 4 were small bucks. All 4 were rubbing and scraping like crazy. Just young ones gettiny horny. It is early yet.

Sat in a spot tonight overlooking about 25 acres of cover crop oats along two smaller BFO plots. 5 does/fawns and 2 bucks. Bucks I would guess as 2 and "maybe" 3 yr olds. Just sat and looked at each other from about 70 yards away and fed, basically completely ignoring the does.

Friday sat from 2:30-dark. 2 doe, 15+ turkey. I'm sitting in the timber about 30-40yds surrounded by corn. Still too green inside, can hear what sounds like light sparing and deer on their feet but never could make eyes on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I sat yesterday morning. Didn't see any thing with bone on its head but did see 3 mature does and 3 yearlings. I need up shooting the largest of the does...loins will be great as I watch football tonight.

I did not hunt this weekend however observed from my house. On Friday evening I saw a 3 1/2 yr old buck with about 8 does and fawns 1/2 hour before sunset feeding in my alfalfa. They all minded their own business for a while and then the buck started nosing around. He ran all but 1 doe off and followed her into the timber. That's the last I saw of him. Just a note I hadn't seen a buck around my house for over a month until this one.

My hunt Saturday morning was AWESOME! Sat on a creek bottom, at 7:53 I hear crashing, look behind me and a 120's buck, and another buck that looked well over 150 was rubbing up and down every tree. Instead of crossing the creek to me though, milled around and turned back away following the creek south away from me. Then, at 8:30 a 130pt 8 with stickers I have pics of all summer was pushing does around and then ended up bedding down 57 yards away across the creek as well. All in all, saw 18 deer action was nonstop until 9:30. I had to leave to go to a wedding or could have shot at least two does if time wasn't an issue.

Only negative, the wind swirled on me at one point and a mature doe busted me, but didn't seem to scare the 8pt who just continued to harass all the does. I am going to move the stand tomorrow closer to the actual creek crossing area and will definitely not try and hunt it with a NW wind. One of those things, after hanging a new stand you quickly learn of some tweaks you need to make. I am going to move down so I can actually shoot across the creek and not have to gamble with if they cross or not.

I hunted Saturday morning and seen 9 between 8:30 and 11. All does. I think there was a buck back in some thick stuff as a couple does came running out and kept looking back. Caught a glimpse of some movement, but never seen the deer. I hunted this morning and didn't see jack squat. Was down and home by 10:30. Big difference. The woods were very still and quiet this morning. Even the birds weren't making a lot of noise. Not much on the cams either, but I do have a fresh rub about 50 yards from my tree that wasn't there last week. Put a camera on it to see what's up.

Hopefully next weekend the action will be picking up.

Lots of movement all day Saturday- all small to medium bucks- 1 shooter at first light and another shooter around 6:00- no shot though

I think its getting close though as I am getting many more day time photos on my trail cameras of mature shooters that were only nocturnal a few weeks back

Saturday morning, nothing during daylight. Sat from dark-10:30, then about 3:00-dark. Does moving on the way to the farm and on the way back home. Sunday morning different story. Saw 2 bucks (one shooter) while walking in for morning hunt (I'd say in the dark, but with the all the moonlight it was pretty light out!). Didn't spook them, so that's good. Then saw the shooter again after coyotes pushed him out in the open around 7:40ish. Then a group of 6 (does and fawns) moving at 10:40ish. Last night from 3:00-dark, had nothing. But a lot of coyotes howling close by, so deer may have been bumped out or just went somewhere else.

Hunted this weekend, and saw quite a few deer, lots of does, small bucks. Good pics on the camera, coming back down in Nov

I hunted yesterday morning and passed a good 9 pt he was in the mid to high 140's he came in at about 8:30 or so. Had 4 does also. THen hunted same stand yesterday afternoon and saw 9 deer total one little dink buck. I have some pics of bucks hitting scrapes at 7:30 am on of them was a good deer probably in the 140s

Lots of road kills starting to show up. Usually a good indicator...weather can only help start things up. Great 10 days forecast:way:

I saw about every field between Des Moines and Pella being picked. Less cover means more deer moving around !

Top Bottom