Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Moving to Iowa City.....

Liv4Rut

Well, looks like we are moving to Iowa City in August. This is a move I am excited for except for being a cyclone in Hawk Country :D I was just wondering who all on here was from the area and if anyone knows of any good baby sitters. Thanks in advance!

Mike

You aren't kidding Randy. Holy crap this stuff is expensive!!!! $999 a month for one place. Wow, I could own 50 acres somewhere............. :):)

Well, what do you know...I live just outside Iowa City, my back fence is actually the city/county boundary. My wife does home daycare and may be looking for a child or two at the end of the summer. If interested, PM me and I can get my wife involved.

Welcome to Iowa City at any rate!

I would suggest moving to a small town outside of I.C. and commuting so you don't have to pay college town prices. We pay $150/mo for daycare but he's only there a couple days a week. There's alot of small towns within 30mins of I.C. More friendly and quieter also.

Hey I can provide day care. I can teach him/her everything they need to know. You know, the important things in life like how to tell if they are getting shorted on their dime bag, how to wrap a brown bag around the 40 of King Cobra so the cops don’t see it, how to get the kids on the playground to give up their lunch money and not squeal, how to talk to phone solicitors and make them cry, how to tell good bourbon from bad and best of all I can show them how to off the neighbors cats and keep a straight face when they come looking for little Tinkerbelle.

Seriously though, consider any other county than Johnson. The taxes are crazy and getting crazier.

The ‘Bonker

Well, what do you know...I live just outside Iowa City, my back fence is actually the city/county boundary. My wife does home daycare and may be looking for a child or two at the end of the summer. If interested, PM me and I can get my wife involved.

Welcome to Iowa City at any rate!

Mike, I'd maybe look into that, I've met Daver a few times, he's a decent enough fellow! :moon:

Fishbonker,

I told the wife you would watch the kid but after reading your resume, she declined. I am getting transferred for work down there thus the reason for the move. It was in our 10 year plan when we moved up to the Northern Tundra and luckfully it has happened within 4 years. It will be nice to be close to family and be within a few miles of deer again!! We are going to rent for the first year and keep our eye out for something on the outer edges hills, riverside, tiffin, solon, oxford, swisher, shueyville etc. It will be interesting....

Top Bottom