Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

muck vs lacrosse

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
I'm thinking about trying out a pair of the Mucks...any input? Also, I've always bought my lacrosse boots a size larger than my foot size, does that hold true with the Mucks? Thanks for your thoughts.

Dont buy the Lacrosse alfa lights. They rip real easy! I'm going back to the rubber boot and staying away from the neoprene.

No experience with LaCrosse, but I've got 3 pair of Muck boots (1 lighter pair for early season, heavier pair for late season & one pair for fishing, work, etc) & absolutely LOVE them. Warm, dry, comfortable & scent free.

I agree with Blaster on this one....stay away from the Alpha Lites. I had mine a very short time and only a few trips into the timber and the neoprene was ripped all over.

I went to a Muck Arctic Extreme and they seem to be a good boot. I don't know where you are located but the little Feed Store in Blakesburg Iowa has some great prices on these boots versus the other stores I checked. So if you are down here in Southern Iowa it might be worth a stop.

Good luck

Have used Muck Boots for last 5 or 6 years, Love them. I always get mine a size bigger due to the insulation that muck uses. Try a pair on before you buy. I have the woody max for extreme cold and the woody sport for early season. Have them for my wife also, now I don't hear about her feet getting cold. I think you will love them

Today, I visited this forum so I found that it's very interested for me.. there are many topics available here so I like this so much.....

I would venture to say that the only way a guy would be supporting lacrosse is because he has never tried Mucks. Hands down the best boot on the market. I have had mine for 2.5 years now. They are super warm and unbelievably light for how warm they are. No complaints from my end. I think when I bought mine that the sales guy told me that the boots run a bit big, but best thing you can do is go try a pair on. I have the Woody Elites, they are great for anytime between early Oct. - May, rated down to -40 but still comfy during those cool early morning turkey hunts.

Kratz

I have owned a pair of Lacrosse boots for 7 years and I have zero complaints.. They have a lot of hunts and miles on them and they are holding up great. I think they are the Alpha Burly model with 1,000 grams. I would like to try the Muck boots as well, but have to say that my lacrosse boots have been great.

got 2 pairs of alphas. the 400's and the 1500's. both going on they're fifth season with no complaints. I got a couple of buddies with muck boots who liked 'em till they ripped. I'll take rubber over neoprene any day. 2 sizes over works the best for me. i like plenty of room for socks/circulation.

No contest hear.....Muck is the way to go. I saw the light earlier this turkey season and am glad I did. Just taking these boots off will convince most people.......

I've got very little experience with Muck. I wore a pair to work some cattle one day then to walk about 1/2mi of fence last summer. By the time I got back to the house for lunch I had to roll them off my legs, they were absolutly glued to me like a glove. They seemed like a guy might tear them easy.

I prefer my lacross boots from using the Mucks for that little bit.

Top Bottom