Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy Archer Ladder Stand

G4FARMS

G4FARMS
I hate the fact that Muddy sold out and instead of going with the original Muddy brand, they just bought the name and put "Muddy" on all of their stands that I typically consider to be junk.

I have 2 muddy archer 20' ladder stands but would love to get my hands on another 1 or 2. Anyone know where a guy might get a couple?

I haven't tried them yet but I have been looking at the x-stands. They have one that is very similar to the specs of the 20' muddy. I think it's called The Duke and they were running a sales code where you could get them for 149 plus shipping instead of the original 239 on their site. Might be worth looking at. I like the concept of having something grabbing onto the tree to make it a little easier to climb to install the top strap. I have a friend that hunts the muddy stands and he ordered two x-stands as well. Good Luck

I like the suspended seat of the old muddy archer. Hard to find ladder stands with suspended seats but much more comfortable IMO. Might have to figure out a way to make my own combining a climber seat with a ladder stand with the seat deck cut off.

The x-stands have a fold up mesh style seat which I like for being a ladder stand. Allows me to stand closer to the tree and not get picked off. I'm a big guy so I like something sturdy. I currently use an XOP hang on and normally sit about 25' up. You get some weird looks if someone strolls by and sees a 6'3 300lb guy that high in a tree.

I got a few of the archer stands as well, and like them too. The tree rats are awfully hard on the seats though. Just thinking outloud....I wonder if the ol' man seat will fit on the older suspended muddy's??? Want to think the Ol' Man's are a little more narrow? But they do have a little sag to them

Top Bottom