Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy Bale Blind

I should add that I did add a tarp on top of the cattle fence then the erosion Matt, I wanted it dark inside and this also weather proofs it pretty good!!

I did the same with my midwest bale blind. It is water tight and really cuts back on the wind.

I made a couple bale blinds a few weeks ago. Comparing mine to the muddy blind...maybe i spent too much time making my realistic. IDK...
Here are some pics. The one with the trucks is my second one...I learned alot and looks better than the first :)
I dont want to talk about the fact that the windows in mine are really small and will make archery interesting...lapse on my part. I made longer window frames and covers for archery that I'll pack in with me during late season that i'll add between the smaller windows.... Should be able to get those installed and hunt at the same time!

picture.php

picture.php

Arm, those blinds look legit! I would rather spend $150-200 to build something like that then buy the muddy one. Don't get me wrong the muddy blinds are a great value and I love muddy products, but the home made ones on here look more realistic, and I got the materials to build one.

Arm,
Do you have any pics of the building stages? Use plywood for the ends and cattle panels?

Sry I don't. Treated base out of 2x4s and plywood ends. Base was 4' by 6.5' and they are 5.5' tall. Believe they are 6' deep so plenty of room to draw. I framed it with 2x4s across the top and sides for support because I used welded wire fence since I had some..the cheap 14g stuff instead of cattle panels. I just wrapped it with that wire once I had it framed up, ended up being almost 16' length of the fencing just like the cattle panels. I had a bunch of moisture barrier left over from doing laminate flooring so wrapped with that to make it black inside and block wind and rain...instead of tarp. Used the same erosion matting like others and just 2 layers of it. I'm not sure how much I have invested per unit since I had some of the stuff around and that pretty much dictated my construction plan. Some window covers I used the erosion matting stapled to plywood but most of the windows I used mesh burlap and stuffed in all the loose straw from the matting. They are heavier going this route which is fine with me.

Arm, those blinds look legit! I would rather spend $150-200 to build something like that then buy the muddy one. Don't get me wrong the muddy blinds are a great value and I love muddy products, but the home made ones on here look more realistic, and I got the materials to build one.

Appreciate it. Theres a dandy 12pt that has been running around all fall. Neighbor text me opening day of shotgun and said he seen him walking 10yrds in front of one blind...blind had been there 5 days prior to that. Thats all I need to know about deer adjusting to them quickly...or not even caring to have to adjust is more like it

Top Bottom