Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy Bloodsport Treestand

tlambert

PMA Member
Does anyone have any experience with the new Muddy Bloodsport Treestand? Was just wondering if it was worth the purchase?

Don't have any experience with the bloodsport but I have a few muddy outfitter stands. Anything muddy is worth the buy in my opinion.

I've got a muddy hunter pro and love it too. The bloodsport has the rope connections like the climbing sticks.

I have one for hunting quick setups and public.. I'm excited to put it to use this year. Super quiet and light to carry.

ive played around with any "portable" stand you can think of. the bloodsport would be my second favorite mobile stand behind lone wolf. I have 5 muddy sticks and a blood sport, does it work, you bet your bananas it does. its quiet, quick and easy. but it just doesnt beat the stackablitly and ease of set up as my lone wolf. first 2 weeks of november you can find me in a lone wolf, blood sport, or a millenium if i'm parked downwind of a bedding area from dark to dark. Its all personal preference and you cant go wrong with an iowa based company. When muddy had the recall on their sticks a few years ago, it was late october before i found out about it and i had new sticks within 2 days. They stand behind what they sell.

I have a bloodsport. I am NOT a hang & hunt guy though, wanted to mention that off the bat. I'll do it when I have to & that's it. I don't enjoy it and I don't feel its a very effective tactic unless you KNOW you need to be mobile to a new area asap for various reasons. Otherwise, all my stands are hung LONG AGO. Don't like packing in for: amount of sweating I can't avoid, noise, frustration (all this even when there an hour early), shooting lane problems, etc, etc, etc.
BUT (sorry on tangent).... I think the stand is OK.... Nothing great, it's way too small, I mean TINY!!!! Which, you pack & hunt dudes like. I don't. Even packing in, I'd prefer the full size aluminum Muddy or full size Lone wolf. I still like to be somewhat comfy. I also, personally, don't like the ropes. Whether right or wrong- they make me nervous, I don't find them any easier than straps & actually think they are a tiny bit more work & don't make me feel 100% ok. With all that said, consider- this is coming from a guy who don't like hanging & hunting & likes my big comfy stands set way in advance. If all that don't bug ya- I'm sure you'll be pleased. Light, solid & quiet, that's for sure!

I hang almost all my stands ahead of time also but during the rut I don't hesitate to run and gun. Nice change of pace now and then.

Top Bottom