Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Multiflora rose and bush honeysuckle

JRadd33

We logged about 3 years ago. I did not have the knowledge or know how of what to expect from invasives.

My ground is loaded with a combination of multiflora rose, bush honey suckle, blackberry briars and young oaks. (I was enhancing deer trails yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by all the young oaks)

Question 1. What can I do between now and spring green up to knock back some multiflora and BH?

Question 2. Is there a way to knock back MR and BH without hurting the blackberries and young oaks?

Fire is not an option.

Thanks guys!

Can Spray em at bases. Garlon 4 works well for MFR. check out labels. For BHS…. Adding Imazapyr is another one that’s possible + the Garlon & guys on here have had success with mixing diesel as well depending on formulation. Check out labels.

So- Basal spray (spray bases, etc) - triclopyr (Garlon) & imazapyr.
If cut & spray tips…. Garlon + 2,4-d or even adding gly at a high rate.

This one here has all the applications for any treatments….

We logged about 3 years ago. I did not have the knowledge or know how of what to expect from invasives.

My ground is loaded with a combination of multiflora rose, bush honey suckle, blackberry briars and young oaks. (I was enhancing deer trails yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by all the young oaks)

Question 1. What can I do between now and spring green up to knock back some multiflora and BH?

Question 2. Is there a way to knock back MR and BH without hurting the blackberries and young oaks?

Fire is not an option.

Thanks guys!
Skidliader / Grapple Bucket
Cya Bye

If that were my situation, I'd spray the MFR when it's blooming using a dye in the sprayer with roundup to confirm all plants have been treated.

It's easy to miss some walking around the woods. I'd go hit the BH this spring with roundup when it has more vegetative growth than the natives. Then I'd go back through this fall after the natives have gone dormant with the BH again.

Top Bottom