Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Multiflora rose/oriental bittersweet removal?

Usually have more gly on hand. Have experienced probably close to 100% kill on cut stump with gly. Mix with blue dye, will help you keep track of which ones you’ve treated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I used "mark it blue' dye and that worked really well.

Does gly work well on multiflora too?

You guys that are using gly on cut stumps, are you all mixing 50/50 with water and do you find it as effective as Tordon? Tordon is getting pretty pricey.

FWIW, I have had very good luck with Crossbow (spraying green foliage) on everything I have tried including honeysuckle, MFR, and even osage orange trees as tall as I can spray em. I mix crossbow 1.5-2oz per gal in a backpack sprayer, can't think of anything that has survived it.

You guys that are using gly on cut stumps, are you all mixing 50/50 with water and do you find it as effective as Tordon? Tordon is getting pretty pricey.

FWIW, I have had very good luck with Crossbow (spraying green foliage) on everything I have tried including honeysuckle, MFR, and even osage orange trees as tall as I can spray em. I mix crossbow 1.5-2oz per gal in a backpack sprayer, can't think of anything that has survived it.
Very interesting. I've never used crossbow - how long does it fry the dirt under/around where it's sprayed?

As far as I know it doesn't. Crossbow is strictly a foliar spray. The other nice thing is that it doesn't hurt grasses, only broadleaf plants.

Would Crossbow kill off small locust trees too? I have a bunch of 1-5 ft tall locusts growing in a grassy area.

Top Bottom