Muzzleload hunting tonight???

Jensbigbucks

I'm new on here, just thought I would see if I could get some advice on my hunt tonight. Tuesday night I sat fence line next to a clover buffer used in a CPR field. I have had a camera out there and know the deer hit this very frequently. I shot at one of the bucks on my hit list but was a little rushed as I was getting winded by a doe at the same time. Long story short is I missed. As the temp is cool today and tonight, would it be crazy to go out and hit this spot again?I'm trying to keep from the timber as I will start bow hunting it in the next week. Thanks in advance Jen

Last edited:
With your days being numbered I'd try it again if you feel it's your best chance and the wind is right. That being said, the deer in the field were educated so you might want to think about moving your setup just a bit to stay one step ahead of them.

Unless you have other places to go, I wouldn't be opposed to heading back there. Just be smart about it. Good luck!

I would certainly go back out there- sometimes even with a missed shot- the deer arent 100% sure what happened and just know they didnt like something about the situation. But with the temps dropping- they are petty much hitting food until the bucks minds change from that to the ladies. I would go out there again- but make sure you have your scent blowing where they wont be or coming from- may have to get creative

By all means go for it! Your days are numbered. Good luck and have fun and welcome to this site.

Back