Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzy broadheads - Why?

F

firedog

I was just wondering.........I'm looking at switching broadheads next year (just something different) and noticed on an earlier post that alot of you, like 90% of you, shoot the Muzzy broadhead. Are they tough, durable, easy to tune? Why Muzzy? Just curious.
Thanks for the input!
893archer-thumb[1].gif

I've had great success with Muzzys.It's been my experience that they are very durable and easy to tune.I've never had to make any adjustments when i switch from field tips to broadheads and i shot one through the shoulder bone of a buck a few years ago with no damage to the broadhead.

i like muzzy because there are no rubber bands, no washers holding the blades onto the ferule, and they've worked for me, period. when you screw that trocar tip down on them the blades do not move at all. they're rock solid and the fact that so many people use them just says they're a very high quality piece of equipment.

exactly what muddy said, i think they are one of the most durable broadheads out there, always fly true, never fall apart, and always zip right through them. also since im a broke college guy, ive shot many deer with the same head, the blades dont seem to bend and the tip never goes dull!!
smile.gif

I was going to use muzzy's but I could not get them to fly as well as thunderhead's so thats why I'm not shooting them.The thunderhead's are also a proven head.Either one will peform well if you can get them to fly straight.

The muzzys are a super tough head that have proven themselves over and over again. I have a slight difficulties in tuning but nothing I could not work through. They are about the only head out there that will still be itact after punching through a 55 gal drum.

I have three of my archery hunting buddies shooting Muzzy's. They have proven themselves time and time again. But, It depends on your bow. I also shoot 3 blade thunderheads. I have never had a problem with thunderheads. I shot a muzzy three blade this year and it didn't shoot as well as the thunderhead so I continue to shoot the "heads". If I were you, I would shoot multiple broadheads(fixed blades) and shoot the one that gives you the best accuracy. Muzzy's and Thunderheads will both be sufficient broadheads, just find one that shoots the best out of your bow. If you try Mech's, you might get more accuracy. I have not had goodluck with mech's but I know they are proven broadheads as well. Just tailor your broadheads to your bow, and you will be successful.

BT

another broadhead you might want to try is the ultmate steel 100 from rocket . they fly like mech's but have the benifit of fixed heads.
26404-archer[1].gif

Muzzy -

They make it easy to tune your bow. The way I look at it, your poor broadhead flight is an indication of the bow tuning more than that of the broadhead tuning. Muzzy is as good as about any out there for tuning.

They are durable, VERY DURABLE! I have never had one fail. I am sure someone somewhere has but not me.

You can use them over and over. I bought some 100 grain 3 blade many years ago and have not bought a new broadhead since.

You do not have to sharpen the blades. They are sharp out of the package. If you shoot an animal or damage a blade somehow, just buy some replacement blades and throw away the old blades (or better yet, save them for practice blades).

They have practice blades available or you can do like I do and use your old used or damaged blades for practice. I have several extra if anybody needs them (100g 3 blade).

Why would I try anything else? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Like Muddy said, "they work for me, PERIOD". If I had trid Thunderheads or some other high quality head first, I am sure I might be saying the same about them too.

And, like LIVE4RUT said, "they always zip right through them". What more do you want? That is all I am after.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
26404-archer[1].gif

Everyone makes some very valid points. I guess I will give them a try. Hopefully I will be able to get them to fly right. I chronographed my arrows before the season and they were at 290 Ft/sec. I don't know if that creates problems with fixed blade flight or not. I will just have to see. Thanks for all the input!
grin.gif

I shoot the three blade Muzzy 100's but I have heard the 4 blades fly better. I have never had a problem with my three blades but would like to hear from those who would be in the know about the 4 bladed version. I know Muddy shoots them and maybe Shredder. What do you guys know about this?

i've shot both, not really any differences. i did like the 3 blade because they seem to "line up w/fletchings". maybe they fly better because of that.

my 4 bladers fly perfectly. it's a myth that lining up your fletchings with your blades makes your arrow fly better. i've shot 2, 3, & 4 bladers, expandibles...if your bow is tuned properly you shouldn't have problems. where you start getting erratic flight is if you're shooting high speeds and your broadhead has a larger cutting diameter, then you can get planing. correct that by turning the pounds down or use aluminum arrows. i had problems with steelforce broadheads on my graphite arrows flying straight, put them on aluminum and they were perfect.

I've shot Rocky Mountains, T-heads, Spitfires, Muzzy, and Rockets. The only one I've been 100% completely satisfied with is the Muzzy 3 blade 100's. Easy tuning, complete destruction of target.
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
sniper.gif

I started shooting Muzzy's a few years ago after I tested them against the Thunderheads I was using. After 4 shots into a 3-d deer target the T-heads blades broke off. I continued to shoot the Muzzy and it never showed any wear or stress so I made the switch and never looked back.

If I were to try another head it would be the G-5 Montec for sure but they are twice the price.

Top Bottom