Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My 195 Typical Archery Buck 2011

4bucks191

picture.php

I harvested this buck the night before Thanksgiving. The buck came in and would not stop walking and going back into the thick stuff, thus the shot was back but he was quartering away but the shot was back, the fletching of my arrow was sticking out....I climbed down after dark. I went to the truck & called the hunting buddies for some needed therapy. I was a wreck,3 hours of sleep, replaying the moment over & over & over in my head. The guys met @ my house @ 6am to drive to the farm for first light. We found the deer within a painful 1 1/2 hours, but what a sight.
He did a big "J hook" in the timber.He had 3 of his legs tucked up under himself with 1 kicked out, he bedded down & never woke up. "when in doubt......back out" was the right thing to do here. I thank my wife for putting up with my "Whitetail Obcession" year round.Thanks to the farmers who allow my to hunt. Thanks to my hunting buddies for helping find my buck of a lifetime.
This buck has not been offically scored, but the Brows are over 7", the G-2 over 14", the G-3 over 13", the G-4 over 10", beams over 26"... Regardless of score I am honored to have the harvested this buck! I used my last 3 hours of vacation that day. I only had that evening, Thanksgiving a.m., & Friday a.m. to hunt then off to MN for more turkey gatherings, & the end of archery till after the guns seasons. Thanks & Enjoy!!!!!

Top Bottom