Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Best Photo This Year...so far.

dc240nt

PMA Member
I've passed this buck a few times already hoping he gets a few more years on him. He's showing great potential with good mass, decent spread for a wilderness deer, and alright tine length. Like to see him at 6yrs old. I think he's no more then a 4 yr old now, maybe (hopefully!) only a 3yr old. This is the second year for this mock scrape and the bucks have really started using it. I've had a camera on it now since early last week and I'll be there early Wed morning to check the card. I cant wait to get there, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

PB030011.jpg

This is the buck I killed last year, he's standing in the same scrape.

CopyofPB070001.jpg

Another photo of the same scrape from last year. This is the deer I'm trying to find this year but so far no sighting. I'm starting to think the wolves got him. He's still my target buck for this season. I have 3 years of photos of this deer and have watched him grow since he was a 2yr old, he'll be 6yrs old right now. Starting Wednsday I have 6 strait days dedicated just for this spot and this deer.

CopyofPB280042.jpg

how many acres do you have to hunt? really cool to let deer reach the age of 6yrs old. in wi, 3.5 is awesome unless you have a huge area, which doesn't happen too much. I wish i could leave bucks go to a ripe old age. my iowa land i can, but i only get a tag every three years, so a yealing will be a good age when I get a tag. quality yearling management is on my farm. 5 yr old bucks are getting shot if i see them because i won't see them again. hahaha.

how many acres do you have to hunt? really cool to let deer reach the age of 6yrs old. in wi, 3.5 is awesome unless you have a huge area, which doesn't happen too much. I wish i could leave bucks go to a ripe old age. my iowa land i can, but i only get a tag every three years, so a yealing will be a good age when I get a tag. quality yearling management is on my farm. 5 yr old bucks are getting shot if i see them because i won't see them again. hahaha.

Its all public land and there is several thousand acres available. Im the only one hunting it so far. Its a great hidden little oasis. The hunting pressure in the area has grown substantially in the last few years. But so far nobody has discovered my area.

Big bush bucks get a chance to get old. Great pics Dan, love the pine scrapes.

Great bucks as well.

Top Bottom