Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MY BOW IS LOUD! Help...

DannyBoy

I shoot a PSE Litespeed, I think I bought it brand new 4 seasons ago. It's pretty decked...has a zero-effect and Cobra sight deck...love shooting it, am very accurate, but the thing is friggin loud...Too many deer have jumped the string, and I mean JUMPED IT!, and I'm not putting up with that anymore, but i've got too much into this bow to just go out and get another one...I've got a decent stabilizer and have tried all kinds of string silencers but nothing seems to work...Can't even describe the noise it makes, kind of a "rattling thud", and I can't seem to pinpoint whats causing it...any tips or references to anyone that can help?

Couple of ideas, first, make sure all allens are tight. Be sure to check any mods on the cams.

Also, try looking into some limbsaver silencers for the limbs and strings.

Also, try and sts. It will help stop the string from vibrating!

But for starters, I would recommend striping it down to bare bow and shooting it. See if it still makes a ton of noise. Then I would start with add ons! If you have never replaced strings or cables that may be a good thing to look into as well!

We take trades /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Seriously though, start from scratch, there are alot of different things you can do to help quite a bow! But without hearing it or seeing it, these are just some starting points!\

Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of ideas, first, make sure all allens are tight. Be sure to check any mods on the cams.

Also, try looking into some limbsaver silencers for the limbs and strings.

Also, try and sts. It will help stop the string from vibrating!

But for starters, I would recommend striping it down to bare bow and shooting it. See if it still makes a ton of noise. Then I would start with add ons! If you have never replaced strings or cables that may be a good thing to look into as well!

We take trades /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Seriously though, start from scratch, there are alot of different things you can do to help quite a bow! But without hearing it or seeing it, these are just some starting points!\

Good luck! </div></div>What he said. I would also take off the stabilizer and see if it is causing the noise. My wife had a damn noise that we couldn't figure out in one of her bows and it turned out to be the stabilizer(that cheapest sims lab one they sell, name??) I would also put cat whiskers on your string if you have never used them. They really quiet a string better than anything I have ever seen and are CHEAP. Take it to a proshop in your area and have somebody that knows archery listen to it while you shoot.

Thanks fellas...a lot of this I've tried. Will definately be peeling it all apart though, sounds like the best way to go at it.

If this doesn't work though, Doubleaa, a trade may be in my future, and you just might have what I want.

I gotta put in my two cents. What you probably need is a new set of strings and a re-tune. I had a guy with a newer Hoyt out to the shop the other day and he had the same complaint, I put on new Scott's Strings (He had a free coupon..Sorry Andy) did a little tinkering with his set up and he had a new bow.
I can't say it enough people, PAY someone to set-up your bow that KNOWs what they are doing. (Not trying to say you don't Danny, cause I don't know, but Scheels ain't the answer)

I agree with Scott 100%. I have seen bows way out of tune and spec that are ridiculously noisy. Then they get new strings and tuned back into spec and it is like a whole new bow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -DannyBoy-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.has a zero-effect </div></div>

IMO I didnt need to read anyfurther. A friend of mine bought a 1year old Mathews Outback with a zero-effect. I had the same bow with a DropZone. His was way WAY louder. I looked his bow over took off what I could. Still loud... Hmm here I got a biskit in my bow box... Try it... Whisper quiet...

We figured it was becuase the string forces the zero-effect down becuase of the rod that attaches to the cables.

I might be 100% wrong but that was my experience.

Dean

Top Bottom