Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MY DADS BIGGEST DEER TO DATE!!!

M

master_bowhunter

My dad, brother, and I have been seeing some really nice deer over the last couple of years, but just haven't been lucky enough to get a shot at one of them. Well that luck finally changed last night. My dad, Marlin, was lucky enough to harvest one of our nice bucks we have been monitoring. We had been seeing this deer on one of our ridges for the past two nights chasing does and we didn't have a treestand in this location. So Marlin decided to go sit on the ground behind a brush pile and try to get a shot at the brute. He had a nice buck come by him early but went by him to quick so he wasn't able to get a shot. About an hour later a nice 10 pointer came into the field with some does. My dad decided he was going to shoot this buck. As he started to draw on this buck he heard grunting from inside the timber. He looked and discovered that he was the buck we had been watching for the last couple of nights. He drew down and waited to get a shot at the buck. The brute finally came into shooting distance at 30 yards. My dad drew back and fired the shot. To his disbelief the arrow landed 4 feet behind him due to the bowstring hitting his coat sleeve as he released. Luckily enough the big buck ran into the field and stopped long enough for him to get a second shot. This time at 50 yards he made the buck pay. He put the arrow right were it needed to be and the buck took off. 70 yards later the buck collapsed to the ground. This is the biggest deer my dad has harvested to date and also is one of the big ones we were after!!! I'm glad one of us finally got a crack at him. The deer had a net typical score of 157 6/8 and had a total gross of 168 3/8.
Marlins_Deer.JPG
Marlins_Deer_2.JPG

Wow! Great buck! Congrats to your dad! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif He deserves him without a doubt!

Now it's your turn Jason! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Awesome! Nice to see your dad get out and shoot a big boy! Tell your dad I have my eye on a couple of brutes and hoping to have one on the ground soon and then I'll be out your way for you guys to put him on my wall!

I will tell him. I've been really busy and havent been out much but I will be making up for that after this weekend. Jay shot his buck already. He shot a 8-pointer two weeks ago. Anyone else having luck your way?

Congratulations to your dad. It is always nice to see and hear about families who hunt together. It makes me a proud father to hunt with my sons.

That is a great buck and from the ground makes it that much sweeter. Congrats to Marlin

Kratz

Top Bottom