Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

my favorite spot

shellie

i have spot i placed a stand at, nice ridge , next to the river, but all the corn on top hadnt been picked, till saturday night. ive hunted this stand which has nice scrapes along this ridge near me , near the corn. ive seen bucks there, but the corn seems to have been their santuary, i need a south east wind to approach this stand, and have taken the next 4 days off to hunt, just hope it works out.just hoping i can catch one coming to the feild in search of does if ruts not over. going to work today, there were 11 does in the feild at 1:00 pm, i worked 2-11 today, coming home , i drove by there and seen eyes , but couldnt tell if any were bucks.what are my chances, that some of these does havent been bred? would i be out of line to try rattling right at daylight this late in the rut?any thoughts? or not rattle, and hunt it quietly in the afternoon and hope they feed there?

I would hunt quietly in the afternoon. They are winding down with rut and should be hitting the food source soon for winter. A freshly picked corn field sounds great!

Top Bottom