Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My first bow buck!!!

deerhunter93

This is my first buck with a bow and HOLY CRAP he’s HUGE. I can’t believe how blessed I am to shoot a monster for a first buck. Last Saturday, November 3rd, my dad, his friend, and I headed out to do an all day hunt. I was pumped because I knew the rut was right around the corner and the big ones would be moving. We got out to the land and I got in my tree stand. I was all set and just dreaming about what I was hoping to see that day and I looked up and saw something coming down an old logging trail. A coyote! So I grabbed my bow and stood up. I stopped him at 25 yards and put a shot on him, a little far back. He ran 5 yards away and stopped again so I put another arrow in him and he died 35 yards from my stand. I had a coyote down at 7:30, what a way to start the day! After texting my buddies and calling my dad I settled back down and waited to see what else would come by. Not 30 minutes later I look behind me and see a deer. I could tell it was a buck so I got my bow and got ready. He was only 50 yards away and I could tell he was good so I focused on staying very still and letting him get within range. He was just taking his time but I knew the trail he was on would take him 20 yards from my stand so I waited. When he stepped behind a tree I drew. He took a couple more steps and I grunted with my mouth to stop him and shot. I could tell it was a LITTLE bit forward and the arrow was 1/2 way in. He ran 30 yards and I saw the arrow come out. I just kept watching him and I saw him go down 100 yards from my stand. WOW! Now I am shaking uncontrollably. Right away I call my dad and told him that I just shot a HUGE 10 pointer and if could see his white belly sticking up. I was PUMPED! I called my 2 hunting buddies and told them. I couldn’t stop shaking. My dad was hunting a mile away so I waited for him to get there. We walked over to him and he GREW. I couldn’t believe that I just shot a buck that big with my bow. I have shot a total of 6 deer with the bow but he is the first buck I have taken with it. I am so blessed and I know it will probably be a long time before I shoot another buck like that with a bow again. This is the same tree stand I shot my biggest buck out of on December 3rd last year and it was 11 months to the day when I shot this one, November 3rd. That day was AWESOME!!! Sorry for such the long post I am just still PUMPED!!!
18590013.jpg

18590005.jpg

18590017.jpg

18590004.jpg

Here is a link to the post of the buck I shot last year on December 3rd from the same stand.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/ubbth...true#Post169479

You sure seem good at killin big bucks, Drew!!!
congrats man!!
Sweet Buck!!

Great job! You need the yote in there as well /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Keep up the great work, glad to see you have things figured out. Great buck, love he base, looks like he still has bark in him from making rubs...

Looks like you better start putting money away for a trophy room...I mean college. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

hoofline.gif

Great Buck young man, Congrats. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Great buck! Congrats to you...and make sure you thank your dad for taking the time to get you involved. Way to go!!

NWBuck

Boy you sure spoiling yourself with all these big bucks at your age.

You are doing something right so congrats on a great first bowkill!

The first one is where it all starts.

Awesome!

Nice bucks, both of them! I'm sure we'll be hearing more from you in the future. Nice shooting BTW.

Top Bottom