Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My First Buck

This was my sceond year bow hunting and i wasn't able to shoot anything last year. This year has been slow but i have shot 2 does and now this buck!!!not a giant but its a wonderful first buck!!! Me and my buddy had hunted this place all year and hadn't seen this buck....We were running a little behind and i finally got into my stand situated at 3:25 and oh ya by the way I hadn't hunted this stand all year my buddy hunted this one and i hunted the other but we decided to switch for this night... 3:40 rolls around this buck comes out on on a jog chasing this doe coming right at me... the does stop ten yards out and starts walking and sure enough the buck comes to... stops in the clearing and his grunting like crazy... Shot him at 10 yards arrow showed gut shot but i thot i had smoked him...So we let him lay and go at him tommorow..We got out there and found blood nowhere so we decided to walk where we thot he bedded sure enough i walk to the deer before finding any blood. Turns out i shot him perfect and he ran about 100 yards!!! He's a 9 point with a split brow tine.

huNTING_023.JPG

Top Bottom